Chapter 1

(A/N- Helena will have no children in this story)

TW- abuse, blood, swearing

Today is the day that I have finally been waiting for. This summer has lasted far too long and I've missed my friends too much. I feel trapped in this home. School is my escape place where I can be free.

I'm starting year 10 which is so exciting because I start preparing for my exams this year. I've decided to take drama since it is my dream to become an actress. My sister didn't agree though. All she wants is to crush my dreams and me as a person. I hate her.

Ever since our parents left us, she has turned on me. She blames me every day for them leaving us like it is my fault. She hates me because she has to look after me. "You've ruined my life Y/N" is something that I hear every day. I didn't ask for them to leave, I didn't ask for her to take care of me. If it was up to me, I would let her leave me too. I am fully capable of looking after myself... I think.

I got dressed in my school uniform and packed my bag as quickly as I could. I saw that she was passed out on the couch from partying last night. 

She is supposed to be studying at university to become a nurse but she never does. I think she went to uni to party with her friends and have a good time, not to build herself a stable career.

I made my way into the kitchen to find something for breakfast. I was wasting away here!

I opened the cupboards... empty.

I opened the fridge... empty.

"Bonnie!" I yelled without thinking. I heard her groan as something hit the floor. My breathing got heavier as she made her way to the kitchen. "What the fuck do you want?" she spat. 

"There isn't any food in and I need to go to school" I said quietly. "How is that my problem?" she scoffed.

"Because you're my sister and-" 

"Well I wish I wasn't" she cut me off. "Why do you want breakfast anyway? You're already fat enough" she mocked. I looked down at my feet, not wanting to show her that I was getting upset.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you" she said, grabbing my jaw and yanking my head up. I aggressively tried to blink the tears away but instead, they fell down my cheeks. 

"You're such a baby" she said, throwing me into the fridge door. She walked back into the living room as I held my face, sitting on the floor.

I waited a moment to pull myself together but I realised that there was blood on my fingers and on the fridge door. I didn't have time to clean up since it was already 8:35 so I grabbed my bag and ran.

I could see my school getting closer so I quickly pulled my hoodie out of my bag and put it on under my blazer. Hopefully, it will hide the blood until I can clean myself up. 

I walked up the long slope to the gates, avoiding contact with everyone. It was still pretty early and classes weren't going to start for another fifteen minutes so I headed to the bathroom.

But, as I made my way up the stairs I heard my name being called. "Miss Y/L/N! You know that hoodies are not permitted on school premises" 

I didn't even have to turn around to know that my head teacher was standing behind me on the stairs. "I'm sorry sir, I'll take it off when I get to the bathroom" I replied shyly, still trying to hide my face.

"No Y/N. It needs to come off now" he demanded. "But-" I started, finally looking up at him. 

His eyes were glued to my head. "Y/N, why are you bleeding?" he asked very concerned. 

'shit' I thought, quick come up with an explanation!

"Oh, I uh- walked into a wall on my way to school and I guess I cut myself. I was just about to clean myself up when you stopped me" I lied. He bought it though. 

"I see. Go and get yourself cleaned up, make sure you take your hoodie off too please" and he walked away. 

What a relief, he didn't question me further.

I continued making my way to the bathroom, keeping my head down to avoid further interaction with any teachers. But it was just to my luck that I managed to walk into someone. 

"Oh my God, I am so sorry" I panicked, realising I had knocked things out of their arms. "It's quite alright darling, why are you in such a rush?" she asked me as we both bent down to pick up her things.

"I was just on my way to the bathro-" I said looking up and realising who I was talking to. My jaw dropped and I internally screamed. 

"Darling are you alright? You're bleeding!" she said, taking her hand to my face. It snapped me out of my trance. "Oh, yes I am fine sorry" 

"Here, forget about all of this. I will come and help you clean up" she said, taking my by the shoulders and guiding me to the nearest bathroom. 

She damped some toilet roll and started to clean my wound for me. "This might sting a little bit, you've got a nasty cut here. What happened?" she asked sweetly. 

"I walked into a wall on my way to school. I'm pretty clumsy" I giggled, never taking my eyes off her. I couldn't believe who I was talking to. Why was she even here? 

"Darling, don't look so scared" she laughed. I realised that my staring probably made her uncomfortable so I looked away. "Sorry" I said timidly. 

"It's alright. What is your name?" she asked me. "It's Y/N" 

"That is such a pretty name! I'm Ms Bon-" "Helena Bonham Carter!" I cut her off out of excitement. She is my favourite actress. But, I'm not exactly acting like it.

"Yes" she sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked her, she seemed a little downhearted that I knew who she was. 

"I'm just worried in case everyone has the same reaction when meeting me. I'm a new teacher here" she said with a small smile. "But you are THE Helena Bonham Carter" I explained. 

"I know. It's pretty tiring" she giggled. "There, all cleaned up. Just try not to walk into a wall again Y/N" she laughed, making me laugh too. 

"Class is about to start, I'm sorry that I walked into you and thank you for helping me clean up" I smiled, walking out of the bathroom. 

A million thoughts rushed through my head. What is someone like Helena doing working in a school like this? I wonder if she is going to be one of my teachers this year!