When we were younger - Gaang's children

It was the first time in years that the six of them were gathered, without their children, or anyone else. They had even succeeded in getting rid of Izumi's bodyguards, though it hadn't been easy since they insisted on following her everywhere even though she certainly didn't need any kind of protection.  Pema and Baatar Sr were supposed to be watching all of the youngest ones, leaving them alone for even one night.

And so Izumi, Bumi, Kya, Tenzin, Lin and Suyin were all sitting just outside the Air temple, laughing about memories of their childhood. It felt good, for once they weren't fighting about anything. The only thing missing was their parents, even though they all suspected that Zuko had taken Toph and Katara on a life changing trip on Druk.

"Oh, remember that time Bumi asked Izumi out but she said no?" Kya asked laughing, clearly intending to humiliate her big brother. Izumi laughed and punched Bumi's shoulder. "We all remember that, Kya. Even though I'm pretty sure some of us are trying to forget about it," she said with a smirk. It felt good to be back with her friends as herself, and not as her nation's ruler. "Oh, and remember the time Kya dated her brother's ex?" Bumi replied with a wild grin. It was Lin's turn to laugh, and she kissed her girlfriend, who was resting her back against the chief's chest, on top of the head. "Oh, believe me, I don't regret that," she answered. Kya pulled out her tongue and Tenzin facepalmed, but they could all see that the Airbender was smiling under his beard. 

"What I really remember are our dinners with all of the parents," Su said smiling. "Shut up! you were a pain in the ass!" Lin laughed. "I was ten years younger than most of you, what should I have done? It was always Kya, Izumi and you, I wanted to be friends with you too!"

"And then it was Tenzin and Lin... Beifong abandoned us, Kya! do you realize this?" Izumi said, faking to be heartbroken. the Healer laughed and took support on her girlfriend's legs to straighten up. "You were too busy making out with me to notice," she answered. Lin pushed her girlfriend off of her lap gently when she heard this. "Are you kidding me? you two were a thing?!" she asked, surprised. "So what? You and Tenzin were a thing, I don't make a big deal out of it!" the Waterbender protested. Izumi laughed again. "Oh, but you did back then! Remember that time we walked on them making out in your parents' bedroom?" The healer winced in disgust and bent the water from the pond next to them to splash it in her best friend's face. "Ew, dude! that's my girlfriend and my brother we're talking about! It's absolutely disgusting!" Izumi rectified her damaged topknot, and smiled at her friend. "You're lucky fire is not as inoffensive as water."

"In conclusion, Kya, you need to stop dating the girls your brothers are into," Tenzin said in a wise tone. His sister laughed again, and stood up to be in the middle of the assembly. "Hum, excuse me? Imagine how hard my life was! Being the middle child, the only lesbian and the hottest person in this family! It was truly awful."

"Your mom has always been hotter than you," Izumi stated with a wild smirk. Kya splashed her again. "I thought at least my best friend would be on my side!"

"Aww, you poor little thing," Lin said as she took her girlfriend's hand to bring her back on her lap. "Hold on, Kya! Did you make my sister go soft?" Suyin asked with a fake astonished look on her face. The healer laughed again and turned around to face her girlfriend. She kissed Lin on the nose, and turned back to the younger Beifong when the Earthbender blushed and smiled. "Yup. I think I did. I'm sorry, Su, it was never my intention," she said dramatically as if she had committed the most unforgivable mistake. "I'm gonna go with a thank you, because now there's a hope that she won't beat the shit out of any of us," Bumi said. The others laughed, and Lin bent the Earth beneath him so he would fall into a hole. He screamed like a four year old girl and covered his mouth when he realized it. "You know, a pirate did this to me once! Our ship was taken in this huge storm, and there were pirate ships everywhere around us, with for one and only objective to kill us all. They attacked us all at the same..."

"Shut up, Bumi!" everyone else said in unison. They laughed at how familiar they were with this scene, after it had happened a million of times. It felt good to not have to save the world, for once. Now that Lin and her agents had taken care of the triads, and it looked like no new threats were showing, maybe they were finally going to be able to relax, and enjoy some time together. Kya looked forward to it. She wanted time with her brothers, with her girlfriend, with her sister-in-law, and with her best friend. Maybe she was finally going to get it.

"Okay, now," Tenzin said as he refilled his glass with fresh wine, along with Suyin's and Izumi's. Kya and Bumi went with beer. "Let me raise a toast to us, and our parents. I wish they were all here with us tonight," the Airbender concluded. The others agreed and raised their glasses.

The night went by quickly, and soon the first lights of dawn appeared in the sky, painting it with glimmers of pink and orange. "I think we should go soon," Lin said as she looked at her exhausted girlfriend. Kya had been much calmer than usual during the last hour, and she rubbed her eyes to stay awake. "Yeah, Lin's working tomorrow," she said to pretend that she wasn't the reason they were leaving. The Earthbender rolled her eyes and smiled, and stood up before helping Kya to do the same. "Thanks for tonight, Tenzin. You had a real good idea, for once," she said with a wild smirk. Izumi stood up as well, and ruffled Bumi's hair when she walked behind him. "I agree. If you ever come by the Fire Nation, don't hesitate. There will always be room for you in my home."

"Same thing at Zaofu. Lin, I expect you to visit your poor sister more often," Su smiled. Lin rolled her eyes and took her girlfriend's hand to walk away after waving at her friends. "See you around." Her and Kya walked away towards the ferry, and the healer squeezed her hand softly. "Tonight was amazing. We should do this more often."

"Maybe, but don't you ever force me to wear a suit again!"

"Oh, come on, you look amazing in that suit! Please, for me?" Kya looked at her girlfriend with puppy eyes, and Lin rolled hers before turning her face to hide her smile from the healer. Kya saw it anyway, and cheered silently.

They both walked hand in hand to the docks, as their friends and siblings watched them from away. "They were really made for each other, weren't they?" Tenzin asked in a sigh. Bumi punched him in the shoulder. "Why does it sound like you're not happy about it?"

"I am. I'm just considering the fact that Kya will soon move to Lin's apartment, and she won't be so free for babysitting the kids. Oh, how much I would give to go back when Pema and I could go out on our own," he said, a bit nostalgic. Su smiled and looked at her sister and Kya, who had stopped walking and were kissing by the docks as they waited for the ferry. "Well I don't know about you, but I'm happy for them. I guess we will all be gathered at their wedding next."

Hey it's been so long 😂
Full disclosure: I've had this OS written for at least 2 weeks and thought I posted it but... I didn't 😂