Modern AU - Sukka (+some Rangshi)

This one's for u clexa_au_the100 😁

This is a high school AU, I guess Zuko is a senior, Mai, Sokka and Suki are juniors, Azula, Ty Lee and Katara are sophomores and Aang and Toph are freshmen

Suki groaned when she heard her alarm ringing, and turned it off by hitting the button. She was almost sure she had broken it, but it didn't matter. All she wanted was to go back to bed. It was without counting on her little sister, who jumped on her bed. Suki tickled the six years old kid and opened her eyes, smiling at Koko's adorable face. "Hey, little monster," she said with a sleepy voice, smiling.

"Suki, are you still in bed? You're gonna be late!" Rangi shouted from the kitchen, where she was probably helping Kyoshi to make breakfast. Suki rolled her eyes, laying her hands on her little sister's ears before shouting back. "It's fine, Mom! Not everyone takes as long as Ma to get ready!" She then looked at Koko, and smiled before carrying her out of the bed. "Come on, get ready too, Mom's taking you to school for your first day, she's going to be mad if you're late." The little girl nodded and ran to her own room.

Once she was wide awake, and after she'd opened the blinds, Suki walked to her closet, groaning as she realized half of her clothes were on the floor. Her mother would get so mad if she saw that. She sighed and picked light blue denim shorts, a black crop top with the inscription 'fight like a girl' and a long green open shirt.

She quickly got dressed and joined the kitchen, where Koko and both of her mothers were already sitting. They were such a weird family, sometimes, but also the best. There wasn't a single day where Suki didn't feel loved and accepted as she was. "Are you wearing this for school?" Rangi asked with a disapproving look. Kyoshi pressed a kiss on top of her head, groaning at the sharp pins holding her wife's topknot. "It's not because you spend your whole life in a suit that everyone has to, my love," she chuckled. Rangi rolled her eyes, but didn't answer and helped her younger daughter on the high stool.

"So, do you know when are the selections?" she asked Suki. Her daughter shrugged and thanked her other mother for breakfast, as she started eating. "Yeah, it's today, after class," she answered, taking another bite. Rangi nodded and turned to her other daughter. "Do you mind staying a little longer at school so I can watch your sister's training? I can pick you up once it's over," she asked softly. Suki rolled her eyes, she didn't want Koko to have to stay longer at school just for her mother to watch her training. "Can't I watch too?" the little girl asked, pouting. Kyoshi smiled. "Of course you can, sweetie, I'll pick you up and we'll join Mom and Suki at the stadium."

Suki finished taking her breakfast quickly, and finished getting ready before getting out, Zuko and Sokka would be there soon. "Are you going already?" Kyoshi asked when she saw her daughter putting her shoes on. "Yeah, the boys are here, love you," Suki said before opening the door. Zuko and Sokka were standing right there, the tan boy was wearing shorts and a blue shirt that he left half open, while Zuko was in his usual sweatpants and hoodie. "Hey ma'am," they both said when they saw their friend's mother. Kyoshi waved at them and pressed a kiss on top of her daughter's head, making Suki groan. "Take care of her, boys, and have a good day!"

"Will do!" Sokka answered as Suki forced the door closed and rolled her eyes, annoyed of her mother's overprotectiveness. She kissed her boyfriend as soon as her family couldn't see her, and chuckled against Sokka's lips. "I missed you," she whispered, resting her head against his cheek. "Damn, how many times do I have to say this? Not while I am here!" Zuko protested. He walked towards his convertible car, followed by the couple, and got in the driver's seat, next to his sister. Azula ignored Suki but Katara, Sokka's sister, hugged her brother's girlfriend tight.

*****

They arrived to the school half an hour early, like they always did, and everyone joined their friends in front of the gate. Azula left to go meet with Mai and Ty Lee, and Katara joined Toph and Aang. Suki and Sokka looked at Zuko, who folded his arms while looking at Mai. "You should talk to her, your staring self if annoying," Suki stated. She mostly wanted to get some time alone with her boyfriend, but Zuko didn't need to know that. "I'm not staring!" the boy protested. Suki rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Yeah, whatever. Go save her, because she's going to be extremely embarrassed when Ty Lee and Azula will kiss in 3... 2... 1..." As she had predicted, the two girls leaned in to kiss each other and Zuko rolled his eyes, getting out of his car and walking towards his crush.

Sokka and Suki watched him do for a couple of seconds, before bursting out laughing. Zuko might've been the bad boy of the school, but he was also extremely shy when it came to Mai. Sokka laid his arm around his girlfriend's shoulder and kissed her cheek. "Good job, babe! Now we have to get my sister and Aang together already," he said, smirking. Suki rolled her eyes, and kissed him again. "I missed you," she whispered. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her on his lap, facing him. "I missed you too," he admitted.

"Not in my car!" Zuko shouted. The couple pulled away, laughing, and got out of their friend's vehicle, leaning against it as they watched other kids arriving. Most of them admired Zuko, Suki and Sokka, they were the popular trio, and feared Azula and her two friends. It had been this way in school for a moment, and everyone seemed okay with it.

It didn't take too long before they heard a ringing, and had to get inside for their first class. Sokka wrapped his arm around Suki's shoulder as they walked together, joining Mai in front of the class.

*****

Surprisingly, the day had been going on pretty fast, and Suki was now on the soccer field, smirking at Azula. It was time for their coach to announce who would be the captain of the team that year, and the redhead was almost sure it would be her. Yes, the brunette was excellent, but so was she and she was one year older. "Alright, I've made up my mind," Hakoda said. Suki didn't even mention the fact that the coach was her boyfriend's father. "Suki will be captain this year, since she's been in the team for three years now." Azula rolled her eyes angrily as some applauds came from the bleachers, most likely from their friends. Suki waved at her sister, who was playing with Sokka. The new captain could've gotten used to this view.

After she'd showered and changed, Suki met with her family before going to her friends. Rangi was standing there with a proud smile on her face, and she pulled her daughter in a hug when she saw her. "Good job, love," she said softly as she pressed a kiss on top of Suki's hair. The teenager almost pushed away, but it was pretty rare for her mother to show affection, so she didn't. "Is it okay if I go out with everyone tonight? We were thinking about going to Uncle Iroh's tea shop," she asked, an innocent and hopeful smile on her lips. Rangi looked at Sokka and Zuko, talking with Kyoshi while playing with Koko, and smiled. "Alright. Don't come back too late."

Suki nodded and pulled away after kissing her mother on the cheek, running to her boyfriend. On her way, she ran into Azula, who glared at her. "Stop it, Azula, it's just us now," she chuckled. The younger girl rolled her eyes, but smiled. "Yeah, congrats. You actually kind of deserve it. Are you coming to Uncle Iroh's tonight?" she asked. "Yeah, wouldn't miss that." Azula nodded and walked back towards Ty Lee, who immediately kissed her. Suki chuckled, they were cute.

"Hey. You did amazing, babe," Sokka said, kissing her on the cheek. Zuko gave her a hug, and Koko jumped in her arms before Kyoshi could congratulate her. "Good job on the field, Azula must hate you now," Zuko said with a grin. Suki hit his shoulder and smirked. "We both know she loves me. She loves all of us."

Rangi walked back towards them, and pecked her wife's lips. "Alright, boys, take care of her," Kyoshi said, freeing Suki from Koko. Sokka and Zuko nodded, and Suki rolled her eyes. "They will! Bye now!" They walked away together, Suki had an arm around each othe boys' shoulders, laughing at what her boyfriend just said.

"She found a good one," Kyoshi said with a smile. Rangi nodded and looked at her, grinning. "Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a real match," she answered as she kissed her wife softly.

Once again, this had no interest
Like why do I keep writing so bad things 😭
Also I'm sorry this isn't gay but Sukka are extremely cute