Worries - Rangshi

HUGE WARNING : spoiler alert, if you didn't read or finish the Kyoshi novels and want to, then stop reading this RIGHT NOW

clexa_au_the100 i swear to you if you read this before you finish SoK I'll take a plane to your house and kill you myself

This happens right after the end of the Shadow of Kyoshi, after Kyoshi talked to Yangchen

When Kyoshi stepped into the infirmary, she saw something quite unusual... Rangi was hugging her mother tightly, sobbing in her arms. Hei-Ran looked at her daughter's girlfriend with tearful eyes, she hated to see the young Firebender so sad. She gestured towards the Avatar and Kyoshi walked closer, taking Hei-Ran's place. She wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's small body and rubbed her lips against the soft dark hair.

Rangi tightened her grip around the Avatar's waist and slowly stoped sobbing as she felt her girlfriend's reassuring presence and warm body against her. "Where were you? I was so worried, you've been gone for hours and I couldn't find you anywhere!" the Firebender snapped as she was still hugging tight. It looked like she'd been worried sick about the Avatar.

Kyoshi looked behind her and saw the fox, that had followed her. It ran to her and rubbed its head against the two girls' legs. The Avatar giggled and held close onto her girlfriend. "It might sound crazy but— that fox led me to some high spiritual place and I... got to talk to Yangchen."
She expected Rangi to be proud of her, to congratulate her, but the Firebender just pulled away and punched her chest. Hard.

Kyoshi looked at her in disbelief, and looked next to her to see that Hei-Ran seemed both shocked and proud... she didn't know if that pride was towards her daughter or the Avatar, but she didn't really care. "Wh—" she started, looking back at Rangi. The smaller girl had her eyes filled with tears, and she looked like they could flow down at any moment even though she tried as hard as she could to contain herself. "We just buried our friend, and you disappeared for hours without letting anyone know?! How can you be so selfish, I was so worried about you!" the Firebender protested, smacking her lover across the collar. Kyoshi's eyes widened, she didn't expect this.

"Aah... kids," Atuat giggled, earning a death glare from Hei-Ran. Kyoshi stared at Rangi, astonished. "I'm fine, I'm sorry, the fox wanted me to follow it," she said softly, stroking her girlfriend's face gently. The Firebender pulled away, and scoffed. "And I guess you couldn't warn me! You have no idea how useless it makes me feel when you do this! If I keep losing you, and not knowing where you are or if you are safe, then what good am I?" she said in a hurt voice.

Kyoshi wanted to talk, but Hei-Ran laid a hand on each of the girls' shoulder. "I believe we all had a long day, why don't we rest a bit and you'll discuss that matter and argue as much as you want once you have slept?" she asked in what was a soft voice for her. Her daughter and the Avatar knew that it was an order, and the older Firebender would not hesitate to kick their butts to make them obey.

Rangi tried to walk away, but she was still too weak from her injury and would've collapsed on the cold floor if it wasn't for Jinpa, who stepped into the infirmary at the same time. "Rangi, please!" Kyoshi almost begged when the Firebender pushed her secretary away and leaned against the wall, trying to regain some strength.

Hei-Ran pinched the bridge of her nose and walked to her daughter, taking her by the arm. "Go to sleep, young lady! Now!" Rangi didn't try to fight her and let her mother guide her to the bed of the infirmary, collapsing on it. "You too, Kyoshi, or I'll just have Jinpa airbend you out of here," Hei-Ran added in a threatening tone. Kyoshi knew that she shouldn't mess with her girlfriend's mother and hurried out of the room, and towards her own.