This love - Kyalin

Lin groaned and sat on the couch after bending her armor off, she didn't have the strength to go to the bathroom and clean the blood coming from the huge wound on her stomach. She took a deep breath, desperately trying to stay conscious, but she'd lost too much blood. She barely had enough strength left to keep pressuring the wound, and almost regretted not going to the hospital. At least there, Kya would've been able to help her.

"Lin? I'm home, honey," the Waterbender said as she unlocked her door. Her girlfriend groaned and tried to straighten up, but gave up when the pain tore her stomach. "Here," she whispered weakly. Kya ran to her, and kneeled next to the couch, taking water from the bottle laying on the table. She immediately bent it, making it glow as she applied it on the wound.

Lin fought to stay awake, but the pain was too much. She groaned and her eyes closed, the last thing she saw was Kya's concerned face, and she lost consciousness.

*****

Kya didn't let go of her girlfriend's hand after she'd finished healing her, waiting for Lin to wake up. She had never been more scared in her entire life than when she had seen the woman she loved, covered in blood and pale as a ghost. She hated Lin's job, she hated coming home from the hospital to find her collapsed on her couch, bleeding. Or all of those nights she spent staring at the ceiling, hugging one of Lin's sweatshirts to smell her girlfriend next to her. Those sleepless nights, spent worrying about the Earthbender, wondering in what state she was going to find her girlfriend, or when she was going to see her again. She was wondering if she was going to see her again.

But she knew how much the police meant to her girlfriend, though, and so never said anything. All she wanted was for Lin to be happy.

Kya wiped her tears away, squeezing her girlfriend's hand in hers. She was so tired of constantly worrying. She had just spent three hours to heal the multiple wounds on Lin's body, and needed rest, but she couldn't bring herself to close her eyes. She knew her nightmares would come back if she slept, especially after being so scared for her girlfriend's life.

"Kya?" Lin's weak voice called as her eyes fluttered open. Kya straightened up and and stroked her girlfriend's hair softly, as a small smile appeared on her lips. "Hey, be careful, love, don't move," she whispered softly, stroking her hair. Lin groaned and tried to sit up, even though her girlfriend just told her not to. "Lin!" Kya protested. She pressed her hand on her girlfriend's shoulder and pushed her back in the couch, but Lin groaned and fought back. "I'm fine!"

Kya stood up abruptly and kicked the chair she was sitting on. "No, Lin! You're not fine! And I'm tired of worrying about you all the time!" The Earthbender stood up and her girlfriend didn't even stop her, too busy trying to contain her tears. "Kya..." Lin started. The healer took a step back. "No! I love you, Lin! Why can't you understand that? I can't lose you, and yet you seem to be always doing your best to get yourself hurt! I love you more than I love life itself!" Lin froze, and took a step closer, reaching for her girlfriend's hand. Kya wanted to pull away, but she didn't. She couldn't.

"I do understand. Kya. This love you're talking about... I feel it too. And you know how bad I am with feelings, and that's probably why—" She took a break, trying to find a way to formulate what she meant. She failed to do that. The healer scoffed and took her coat, before walking towards the door. "Think about that before you throw yourself in the most dangerous situations again. I can't take it anymore. I'm done with your bullshit."

Tears filled Lin's eyes as she watched the love of her life leaving her apartment, in what seemed to be a definitive way. Did Kya just break up? They had been together for two years now, and she'd just broken up? Like that, without even a look? Even if she tried to contain herself, she broke into violent sobs, she had never been so hurt in her entire life. She couldn't lose Kya, or she knew she'd lose herself. She'd be back to being this bitter lonely woman she had fought so hard against, she'd be broken.

Kyalin / Rangshi OSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें