Wounded - Kyalin

Hey, you know what, this one shouldn't be too bad... let's see how it turns out cause I have no idea of where I'm going with this (again).

Kya's eyes fluttered open at the sound of people shouting outside, and she stood up shakily to check what was going on. She groaned as she had to leave the warmth of her bed, and shivered. The healer regretted not closing the window before going to bed.

She leaned in and watched what was happening outside. Mako was yelling for help, carrying a half conscious figure. Kya frowned and tried to see who it was. Her heart missed a bit when she recognized Lin Beifong, spitting blood as she struggled to walk, and she immediately ran outside.

"Is Kya here?" Mako asked hurriedly when Tenzin arrived outside, freezing at the sight of his best friend in such a bad shape. "Kid, I'm fine, we don't need—" Lin started, coughing blood and struggling to breath. Kya ran to them when she saw that, just when the Earthbender fainted. She would've hit the ground, Mako being unable to hold her back, if it wasn't for Kya holding her in her arms. "Get her inside!" she asked hurriedly as she shifted her position so her brother could take her place while she ran inside, getting water.

Kya ordered the boys to lay Lin on the couch, and to leave them alone. Unfortunately, Mako refused to. The wounds were deep, Lin was lucky to still be alive. Kya was lucky that she was still alive. She didn't know what she would do without the Earthbender, without the woman she had been hopelessly in love with for the past thirty years. Now that she finally had her, that she was able to kiss her and fall asleep next to her (almost) every night, there was no way she was letting her go.

"Just leave, Mako!" she shouted when the boy refused to another time, too stubborn to leave his chief with the best healer in Republic City. Kya just glanced at Tenzin, who took the Firebender's arm and dragged him outside, as she started to bend glowing water. "Come on, love, stay with me," she whispered, stroking Lin's hair.

*****

Lin woke up to someone rubbing her hair softly, and immediately recognized the touch. The only one she ever let happen. Kya. She frowned as she tried to open her eyes, she couldn't remember how she ended up there. The last thing she remembered was getting into an ambush from the triads, she and her officers had fought them for a moment, and then nothing. Did they make it? Did they win? Did Lin get hurt? She couldn't remember anything.

She groaned as her eyes fluttered open, and realized it was dark outside. Her body hurt almost everywhere, her head ached and she could barely see, everything was blurry. She turned her head a little, and realized it was resting on Kya's lap while the healer stroked her hair gently. Her girlfriend was looking outside, she seemed exhausted and Lin was almost sure that she'd been crying.

When she realized that the Earthbender was alive and awake, Kya smiled softly and rubbed her cheek, trying to contain her happiness. "Hey," she whispered. Lin tried to sit up, but the healer didn't let her. "You're still hurt, I wasn't able to heal every wound yet," she explained softly. "I just need to rest a bit, and so do you." Lin nodded weakly and closed her eyes again, drifting back to sleep as Kya pressed a kiss on her forehead.

*****

Korra and Asami were both giggling when they stepped into the Air Temple, half drunk and happy with the night they just had. It immediately stopped when they saw Lin sleeping in the couch. But the most surprising thing was probably that she was curled up on top of Kya, who had her arms around Lin's waist to hold her tight.

"Are they together?" Asami whispered, holding her girlfriend's arm. Korra shrugged and walked closer, noticing the blood on the Metalbender's tank top. "She's hurt," she whispered. They were about to wake the two women up, when Tenzin walked in the room and interrupted them. "Oh, there you two are! Mako's been looking for you." The couple looked at him, and then at Lin and Kya sleeping on the couch. Did he know?