I'll fix you - Kyalin

Guess I just finished re watching all Lin moments in season 1 and thought "hey why not make a one shot abt Kyalin after Amon took Lin's bending" so here you go

Lin curled up on herself in a corner of Oogi's saddle, trying as much as she could to hide from the others. She knew everyone would try to speak to her, and try to comfort her. She didn't need any of that. She just needed her bending back, and she needed to be back on the ground. She hated skies almost as much as she hated not being able to feel anything anymore. Her bending was all that made her herself, it was what people liked her for, and now she didn't have it anymore. So who was she, really? She was nothing.

She tried to close her eyes to get some sleep, but as soon as she did, she saw what happened that day again. She felt as Amon laid his thumb on her forehead, and in a second, her whole life shattered. Tears formed in her eyes, and she looked at the ice below them to hide from everyone else. Korra was the only one who could understand how she felt at that moment, and so the only person Lin could've maybe agreed to talk to. But the Avatar was too busy crying on her own, on the other end of Oogi's saddle.

They landed later that day, being greeted by Katara, Tonraq and Senna. Lin felt so weak when she let the old healer pull her into a hug, without even protesting. "Go meet Kya behind the healing tent," the Waterbender whispered. Tears filled Lin's eyes at the thought of seeing her best friend while she was like this, while she wasn't herself. Why would Kya even still want to talk to her? She pulled away from Katara and looked away like she had done so many other times that day, to hide her cries. She had so much trouble not sobbing, and she simply walked away towards the healing tent while trying to hide in the collar of her long coat.

She was so glad to see her best friend there, waiting for her with a small sad smile on. Lin didn't even hesitate, she walked straight into her arms and hugged her as tight as she could. Kya was probably the only person she'd ever hugged willingly, or actually smiled at. She was the person Lin loved the most in the entire world.

"Hey, love," Kya whispered, pressing a kiss in the smaller woman's hair. Lin finally let go of the sobs she had been holding for days now, still hugging the healer tightly, and grabbed the back of her friend's coat as she let her tears flow, wetting Kya's coat with them. The Waterbender didn't say anything, she simply rubbed her best friend's back gently as she watched her cry. Her heart was broken from that sight, but for Lin's sake, she wasn't going to do much more. Maybe kill the bastard who broke her like this, but that was all. She was going to respect the Earthbender's silence, like she had always done.

When Lin finally pulled away, after what felt like an eternity, Kya stroked her cheeks gently and smiled, before pulling her into a soft but deep kiss, that Lin immediately answered. It was how their relationship worked, they never really talked about it but knew they had each other's back whatever happened. They still considered each other as best friends, though they both knew it was much more than just that. But Kya's incapacity to settle down, and the fact that Lin's job was more important to her than anything else in the world, convinced them to not mind about details and just live their own life, but with the knowledge that the other would always be waiting for them.

"I'm not an Earthbender anymore, Kya," Lin whispered when they pulled away, as she wiped new tears away. Kya watched with water threatening to flow from her own eyes, helpless. "I'll do everything I can to help you," she simply whispered as she pulled Lin in for another hug, knowing how much she needed it. "I love you, Kya," Lin whispered in the crook of her neck. The healer's facial expression softened, and she pressed a kiss on her friend's forehead. "I love you too, you can't even imagine how much."

Behind them, someone cleared their throat, and Lin hurriedly pulled away and wiped her tears, only to see Katara standing there with a soft smile, watching her daughter with the love of her life. "Everyone's wondering where you went," Katara said softly. Kya took a step closer to Lin, and rubbed her shoulder. "Tell them she had to clear her head, she'll be there in a minute." The old healer nodded and walked back towards the tent, as her daughter pressed another kiss on her friend's forehead.

"It's going to be okay, Lin. Whatever happens, I've got you," she simply said, hoping it would be enough. Lin didn't even react, and Kya bit her lip, thinking about a way to make her feel better. "My mom ships us," she stated with a small smile. And as expected, Lin finally giggled. It was more like a small laugh hidden in a sob, but it was a great beginning. "Go now, I'll see you at dinner," Kya whispered, wiping her friend's tears away. Lin nodded and smiled, pressing a small kiss on the healer's lips, before running away.

*****

Kya couldn't help but feel butterflies in her stomach and tears forming in her eyes as Lin kneeled before the Avatar and closed her eyes, ready to receive her bending back. Her lover seemed so humble, and kind, and soft. And desperate. She smiled sadly at that last thing, and looked at Korra approaching the ex Earthbender and pressing her hand on her forehead, and the other on her shoulder. Her eyes and thumb glowed, and everyone's mouth fell open at this sight, but Kya was more preoccupied by the deep relieved breath Lin had just taken, reconnecting with her element, feeling the Earth below her feet as she stood up.

A proud smile appeared on the Waterbender's face as she watched Lin raise her arms in the air, raising huge boulders all around the altar she was standing on. Sometimes, even Kya forgot how powerful she was. Her heart beat faster when she saw Lin running towards her, not even trying to hide like they had done for the past almost six years, and flew in her arms. Kya giggled and hugged back tightly, closing her eyes and humming Lin's neck, tears of happiness flowing down her eyes. The Earthbender pulled away from the hug, and stroked Kya's face with two fingers, before pulling her into a kiss.

A wide smile appeared on Katara's face when she saw her daughter being so happy, and she looked at her son standing next to her. Tenzin looked like he'd just seen his sister airbend, just like everyone else. Bolin was the first one to really react, cheering loudly, but Lin bent a pebble right in his forehead with a simple hand gesture, still not pulling away from the kiss. "Don't abuse your bending," Kya chuckled, melting against the softness and the love she was receiving from her soulmate.

WHY DO I KEEP WRITING SOFT THINGS I SHOULDNT!!!

It's past midnight and I'm exhausted so sorry if it's bad written 😭