Young Kyalin

Kya and Izumi are eighteen, Lin's sixteen, Su's ten, Tenzin's seventeen, Bumi's twenty one
This is a modern OS but they still have bending btw

Lin took her sister's hand and dragged her with her, cursing her for fighting in school. "Are you kidding me!? You promised mom, you promised me!" the older sibling protested, almost pushing the girl in the back of her car. "Hey, you can't do that!" Suyin protested, pouting and looking away from her elder. "I swear to you, if I ever have to leave school to pick you up because you're acting like an asshole to the other kids again, you're dead!" She got into the driver's seat and turned the engine on, glaring at her sister who looked like she was sulking.

Lin tried not to look at her phone when the screen turned on while she was driving, but the tentation was too strong. She stopped at the next intersection and checked the text.

Zumi🔥:
Kya's disappointed u left 🧐

Me:
Haha😒 Fuck off

Zumi🔥:
😏

In the back of the car, Su was getting impatient. "Why are you stopping!? Take me home!" she protested. Lin glared at her and got back to her phone, checking the other text, from Kya.

Kya🌊:
Is everything ok w/ Su? 😬 siblings are so annoying 🙄

Lin smiled, just like everytime she got a text from her friend. She had been in love with Kya for the past two years, and Izumi was the only one aware of it. The Firebender was Kya's best friend, but she spent a lot of time with Lin, too, when the Earthbender didn't feel like being alone or with her own friends.

She proceeded to answer Kya's text.

Me:
Yeah, don't worry, she's just being her annoying self 🙄 I'm gonna kill her one day

Kya🌊:
Maybe don't do that
My mom's watching my cousins and uncle Sokka... You could take Su there
Zumi and I are hanging out tonight, you could come too

Me:
U sure? Don't want to disturb ur mom or u and Zumi

Kya🌊:
Yeah we're almost home so just come by
U want some food? Izzy's paying

Me:
That's so mean to her 😂
And no, thanks I'm good
See u in a bit

Kya🌊:
K, great. Be ready to have fun 😌🔥

Lin smiled and turned her phone off, then looked at her sister in the back of the car. "Do you want to go to aunt Katara's? Uncle Sokka's there too," she suggested. Suyin almost immediately stopped sulking, and her face enlightened as she nodded energically. "Alright, but you better behave well," Lin sighed. She turned the engine on again, and drove towards the Air Temple.

Kya wanted to hang out with her. It was probably the best day of her life.

*****

Izumi tapped on the steering wheel with her fingers, waiting for her best friend to come back. She was texting Bumi while waiting, Kya's older brother seemed desperate about having people his age around and not just his ten and eight years old cousins.

They were also kind of planning on how to get Kya and Lin together, and it would be the end of the Firebender's life if either of them found out.

"Strawberry smoothie," Kya said as she got into the car. Izumi took it and opened her hand for the Waterbender to put the money in it. She then looked at her best friend, taking a sip from her drink with the straw. "You're so creepy when you do that," Kya laughed. Izumi grinned and nodded as she turned the engine on. "I know! Let's go, Lin's gonna be there before us if we don't hurry." Kya groaned and buckled her seatbelt, thinking.