xviii. Maleficent's Back

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

           "Ah darling, there you are, you were nearly late," The King of Hearts said, walking over to Queenie and Alistair as they entered the church. "Even the white rabbit arrived before you did," he added with a chuckle.

"We got a little sidetracked," Queenie said, smiling over at her dad, shutting up Alistair from trying to stop her from going through with the plan.

"Well that's alright, You're here aren't you," The king said. "We better get to our seats," Queenie nodded, taking her father's extended arm.

"Alistair, where are you sitting?" The king asked as the three of them walked through the crowd towards the front where the King was to stand.

"Oh, Ben asked me to stand towards the front near you two," Alistair explained to the King, not having expected the King to talk to him.

"That's nice, it is a good idea I get to know my daughter's boyfriend better," the king said. "Although maybe I should focus on getting to re-know my daughter first, ah looks like they're about to start" The three of them get to their spots just as the event started, and everyone in the church quickly fell silent.

          "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked, later into the ceremony, as she knighted Ben with the magic wand. Queenie kept nervously eyeing Mal, who was watching the wand waiting for a moment to grab it, well Alistair eyed Queenie completely prepared to grab her if she moved to get to the wand.

"I do solemnly swear," Ben said.

"Then it is my honour and my joy to bless our new king," Fairy Godmother said, raising her wand, only for it to be snatched out of her hand, and not by Mal, but by Jane.

"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother asked her daughter, clearly confused and scared. as the room burst into shrieks of fear.

"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" Jane tried to cast a spell, but it didn't work the way she wanted as magic burst from the wand shooting into the air.

"Take cover!" King Beast yelled as everyone moved to get out of the danger. Alistair instinctively reached out and shielded Queenie, similar to the way Ben stepped in front of Mal.

        Mal ran around Ben grabbing the wand out of Jane's hand "Careful, Mal!" Belle said as Mal snatched the magic wand holding it up into the air.

"Mal, give me the wand," Ben said, walking over to Mal, who was holding the wand in front of her.

"Stand back," She told him, as Queenie got away from Alistair and moved to stand with Mal. Evie, Jay and Carlos ran through the doors to meet them.