xiii. Wonderland Tea Society

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

            Queenie sat on Mal's bed with her and Evie. Evie had busted into her dorm room a short while ago and dragged her over to her and Mal's dorm, explaining that Mal had a date with Ben and that she needed their help getting ready. The two girls had helped pick out a cute purple dress for Mal to wear, that Queenie then paired with a leather jacket, a green scarf and a cute pair of black boots. Now they were sitting on the bed, well Evie did Mal's makeup. "Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away," Mal said, after a while as Evie applied her blush. "Not that I could."

"Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes,"

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips," Mal said, as Evie started to apply Mal's lipstick. "I never had a sister,"

"Well, now you do," Evie said.

"You have two now," Queenie corrected.

"We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White," Evie said

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal asked. The question caught Queenie off guard, but she couldn't tell if it did the same to Evie.

"Sometimes," Evie answered.

"I don't know," Queenie answered honestly. She didn't know the answer, she'd never really thought about it, she was usually too busy being angry with her mother to think about anything else.

"Are you afraid of your mom?" Evie asked Mal.

"I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh. yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me. In her own way." Mal answered. Queenie understood what Mal was saying she felt that way too, her mother did love her she just wasn't the type to show it.

"Moving on," Evie said, sitting down her makeup brushes, and getting up from the bed. "Come see," Evie held out her hand to help Mal off the bed.

"Are we done?" Mal asked, taking Evie's hand and letting her lead her to the mirror.

"Yeah,"

"Oh," Mal said with a giggle staring at herself in the mirror as if she was looking at someone else.

"I know," Evie said.

"I look,"

"Say it," Queenie prompted.

"Not hideous," Mal said. Queenie chuckled. Why was it so hard for Mal to say she looked pretty?

"Not even close," Evie said.