Lethal Misfits (27) [ Final Chapter ]

Start from the beginning

''Let her speak first.'' I said.

''Its true that I wanted things back and I will be more than happy if you sign the papers, but I don't think it's a good idea for you to leave,'' Calla looked relieved and I already guessed what Iris wanted to say, ''I'll be starting university soon, I'm still a student and I don't have the ability to control dad's business, that's why I need your help. Please stay and look over us, we are a family after all...''

Steve considered it, touching his chin and looked somewhat troubled, ''I know grandfather had a dispute with dad but there no ill will between you and us right? I don't even know what the fight was about. And what if someone like James come and tries to ruin us again? I don't think I am capable of taking responsibility of everything alone, we need you.''

He sighed giving her a fond look, ''that's true; I do not have a problem with this. In fact if I go back I will always be worried about you two.''

''Then, are you staying?'' Drew prompted, looking excited. I didn't blame him. After his parent's death, Iris had always been there with him. But sometimes people needed someone older to support them, someone wise to look after them. Iris hadn't told Drew anything about his parent's death or that James was responsible for that. Also, we limited down that day's story to the flash drive. She simply told Drew that Tony got the flash drive that had proof of James fraud and we handed it to the court. Though it was difficult to use the same version of the story with Marian, we had to tell her the whole matter properly. She was just so nosy.

''Yes, I will stay with you,'' he finally replied, smiling gently, ''after staying in that rotten place for two years, I think I have realized the importance of life. I do not want to make the same mistake my father made and stay away from my family.''

After talking for a few more minutes we all left the hospital and found Marian and Sully chatting idly, like they were century old buddies. Sully never really talked much, but only few people knew how to keep his engines running.

''No, if you use the self rising flour, baking powder is not necessary.'' Marian was saying. Food...they were talking about food. No wonder Sully looked not-so-sullen for once.

''Gotta try that'' he muttered, ''thanks for the tip.''

''Poppet! You're already back!'' Marian cried waving at Iris, ''I missed the chance of meeting your uncle.''

''He'll be coming home tomorrow, you can meet him then.'' Iris replied with a smile.

''Fine then!'' she turned to me, ''Johnny if it's okay if I take Sully with me? He wants to learn how to make sunflower cake!'' Sunflower cake? What was that? I imagined the cake with sunflowers growing out of it.

''Sure'' I replied briefly and Sully didn't quiet glance at us as they went away, back in their chatter.

''Wow, Sully going to someone place? Your friend is a wonder Poppet.''

Iris shot Rowell a glare, ''don't call me that!''

''It kinda suits you, where did that nickname came from anyway? Was your previous name 'poppy'?'' Calla chimed with a grin,

''Poppy? What a stupid name for someone. I would prefer Daisy.'' I replied to her and Iris looked liked she wanted to smack out heads with a frying pan.

''Are you kidding me? This is not Mario for crying out loud!''

''Kenji, your voice is too high.'' I grimaced,

''How about Tulip? That's a good name.''

''How about I kick your ass?'' Iris snapped at all of us.