"Yes, my love, we have that. A forever," he answered softly. Then, holding her reverently in his arms, he knew she too felt the gravity of their moment. Her soft kiss on his neck sent a shudder of pleasure through his body. Imagine receiving her warmth, her kisses, her random hugs for the rest of their lives together - he couldn't wait. 

"I love you."

Elijah smiled at her words, yeah, he could hardly wait.

******

Seated around the dining table with their chosen dishes, Julius stood at the head of the table and waited for everyone to settle down. Although, the aroma of the four dishes he created tickled his nose, he grinned upon the sight of his daughter's friends commenting on each other choices. Erica chose simple dishes they cook daily and are also a must to have at thanksgiving celebrations. Pelau, coocoo, steamed fish, dumplings with curry goat, polenta, and baked chicken were placed on the table with large servings taken from them.

 "Hands together, close ya eyes," Erica ordered. They all watched her do the actions and followed quickly.

"Dear God, bless de people about to take part of dis meal. Thank you for each of their lives an' guiding dem on de path dat led dem to us. Thank you for dis new beginning. My greatest thanks is fuh answering my prayers. You brought my daughter to me, even wid de little trials, you delivered her safely to me. In your name, Jesus Lord. Amen."

"Amen!" They all chorused before opening their eyes. 

"Now we eat. Ain't its something like allyuh thanksgiving," Erica asked pouring Elijah a glass of punch.

"It is but more tolerable," Trey commented. Alec snickered knowing why his friend made that comment, leaving the others to shake their heads in equal amusement. After a moment of appreciation for the food, the chatter began. Julius was content in simply watching over the group as they ate heartily and simply enjoyed themselves. One part of his daughter's comfort and happiness was secured, the next half was family-wise. He prayed that things will go smoothly for their trip.

********

New Jersey

It was her first time traveling in the US and the entire trip was eye-opening to her. Although, the bustling people around her in the two airports had their differences, seeing many characters just in the terminal was enough to fill her imagination and the atmosphere was laidback, probably due to her father's guidance. Unknowing to her, Julius handled her travel credentials and what was needed to move freely within the country. He explained the specifics during their flight, leaving her educated on the laws of the United States. His explanation was easier than her mother's fussing when they prepared to leave Tobago. She made Erica feel guilty over the normal proceedings. Yes, it had many things to do but she didn't have to make her feel like a burden. 
It's all in the past, erica thought to herself. Her relationship with her birth mother is no longer viable and she can boldly state she has no sibling or a mother. The two made their decision in cutting ties with her and she came to that same agreement. The message Giselle sent over Facebook Messenger was unanswered and deleted. There was no room for toxic people in her life.

Arriving in the state her grandparents decided to continue their living over the years, she was excited to see more of her father's neighborhood. So many stories were told but it was one sibling he had the most with. His older brother Joseph. Her only uncle. He was currently married and was blessed with one daughter, Kashia who was now twenty. All great things were told about him and it was no surprise that he was the one who volunteered to be their driver to the family house. 
Disembarking the plane, she followed her father into the terminal and towards the arrival bay to meet up with her uncle. Tugging her suitcase behind her, she made sure her father was close to her as they maneuver through the crowd of holiday travelers. The nerves of a first-time flyer settle in as they walked deeper into the mass, the loud talking, distant chatter, overheard intercom blaring were all contributing to a deafening headache. Crowds were never her thing. 
"Nearly reach." Somehow her father's words reached her. He led her to a less congested area, away from the others to a dense area of the arrivals terminal.