🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 - 𝟱𝟴 (𝗘𝗸 𝗗𝘂𝗮)

"Sameer, at least now throw away your anger. Rahul is no more in this world, why hold grudges against him after his death?" Naina said softly, with disappointment laced in her voice.

"Naina, I am not holding grudges against anyone, but I can't even forget how he treated me since childhood. I know this shouldn't have happened...but whatever he has done so far with his own brother. He deserved this." Sameer spoke with difficulty in his tone, as he remembered all those painful memories with Rahul.

"I know...you are right at your place, but." Naina was interrupted by her husband, who yelled at her out of anger - "But what? Do you think I am doing wrong by keeping hatred for that so-called brother of mine? Tell me one thing, how should one forgive that person who almost ruined his entire life? Who almost took away everything in a flash of a moment? I don't know why you can't understand how much your husband has suffered because of Rahul."

"Ok I am sorry...please calm down yourself." She said in a low voice, while rubbing her hand on his shoulder to bring down his anger.

"I felt bad when I read in the news that his flight got crashed, but I can't feel sympathy for him even a little. He never behaved with me like a real brother, I tried to support him regarding his gender, I tried to give him comfort, but he never trusted me enough to share his pain and feelings with." Sameer told Naina with grief his voice, and slowly placed his head on her shoulder.

Rahul died in an unfortunate plane crash, being a well-known businessman this news got viral within a few minutes. There was a couple of businessmen with him, whose photograph was printed in the news. Sameer developed a heavy feeling in his heart when he read about his brother's demise, but He can't erase those memories which Rahul gave him to carry for a lifetime.

Naina was gently rubbing his head, and wondering what exactly happened between these two brother's, that Sameer couldn't forgive Rahul even after his death.

"It's high time now to tell you about the past." Sameer said after a few minutes of silence.

"If you're not feeling comfortable then let it be." Naina said softly.

"No...I am fine, you have a right to know how your husband got mentally unstable." He spoke with a fake chuckle, and She slightly nodded her head in yes.

"Last year, Me...Tina and Rahul went to our ancestral house, where my step-mother attacked you. Remember? I wasn't ready to go, hence I didn't like accompanying Rahul, but Tina was like my sister, and She requested me to come with them for a small picnic. I never knew Tina was in love with Rahul, I was always occupied with my studies and all...I never paid attention to them. One stormy night one unfortunate incident happened to me, which couldn't ever be erased." Sameer said with heaviness in his voice, and Naina was already shivering.

                | • Flashback • |

Sameer was reading his favourite author book - Pride and Prejudice, his eyes were covered with spectacles, and lips were curled into a sweet smile, his back was resting against the bed-rest in a comfortable way. The rain was pouring heavily outside of their house, but it didn't matter to him as long as the book was in his hands.

Suddenly his concentration was disturbed by the two pairs of familiar voice, and He quickly shut off the book with an annoyed face, he tried to avoid eavesdropping their fighting, but his eager heart didn't allow him to neglect those words which was spell by Tina in a loud voice - "Why the hell can't you tell everyone that you love me. Rahul?"

"What? How could Rahul love Tina?" Sameer thought with a confused face, and walked near the door of his room, to hear their conversation more clearly.