Queen: Hon, is this true?!

King: We had to do it! We had to start doing the announcement! He’s already eighteen, for chrissake!

Queen: Son, she really didn’t choose you?...

DJ: S-She didn’t…

Queen: Oh my! I’m so sorry, Daniel…

King: You know what this means… You cannot choose her anymore!… even if she’s in the tournament…

DJ: W-What if she wins?!...

King: I know you’ve been training her for a very long time… But I will assure you… We’ll make ways for her to lose…

He clenched his jaw…

Queen: B-But, hon… Daniel loves her…

King: But she doesn’t love him! She just wants the prince in him! I was like you before, son! And I still followed the law!

DJ: If I’m not gonna choose her, what will happen to her?...

King: She’ll get recognition!... She’ll still get a huge sum of money… Just like the other three that will not be chosen…

He paused for awhile… He tried to calm down… Then, he nodded…

DJ: Okay… Fair enough… I’m sorry for disturbing both of you… Aalis na po ako….

King: I’d rather want you to speak English… especially if there’s gonna be people around us… I still want them to think that you’re still learning…

DJ: Tayo lang naman andito ngayon, ‘di ba?… Kaya pwede akong magsalita…

King: Okay, suit yourself… Get out now… And please, remove all that prosthetics on your face… It’s about time you’ll get out from that ugly thing… permanently…

He looked at his mom…

DJ: Mom, I’ve to go…

Queen: Goodnight, son…

He’s about to open the door. But he looked back…

DJ: Dad, what if I’d still choose her… What’s gonna happen?...

King: That’s never gonna happen, son… I will not allow that to happen…

He clenched his fist… He knew it… It’s just gonna be harder for both of them…

______________________________________

Kasalukuyan ng inaalis ang mga prosthetics sa buo niyang katawan at mukha… Few people are doing it for him… Hindi madaling ilagay ‘yon. At hindi rin madaling tanggalin… For years, he’s been doing this… Having two different lives… It’s always hard… It’s never easy…

Kailangan niyang ipaalam sa lahat na nawawala siya ng ilang linggo dahil sa pangangaso sa kagubatan. In reality, he goes back to the palace to fulfill his duties… as a prince…

Eversince, he was a child. He’s been trained to do a lot of things… His skills are beyond a normal child could do… Apart from that, he knows how to speak tagalog all along…  Isang bagay na matagal na niyang alam. Pero kailangang ipaalam sa lahat na hindi siya marunong… It’s a part of some plan…

Eleven years ago… He was just 7years old… They were forcing him to do the secret law… He didn’t like it… All he wanted was to play with his friends… He ran… He went to the garden… started ruining all the plants… And there, from out of nowhere… He saw this beautiful girl… trying to stop him from what he’s doing…