28

Narcolepse didn't know what he should've expected. For Snow to come running into his arms and tell him that he'd never leave? Or maybe that they'd kiss their worries away and live happily ever after with just the two of them plus Freak. He was sometimes a stupid, hopeless dreamer. It was absolutely ludicrous for him to have hopes and dreams. He was destined to be alone and he knew that. But he just... liked to pretend. It felt nice to have someone to hold and to kiss and to be around. To talk to and laugh with and feel warmth despite his icy cold powers. He didn't want it to end. But all good things end. And so would Narcolepse. He had no way of surviving his own mind and body. He could only be pushed so far before he broke. He'd seen visions of his own death... Though he wasn't quite sure if they were visions or just dreams. Terrible, vivid nightmares. In the visions, or dreams, he was always bleeding. His arms. His ears. His nose. He wondered if he'd been in a fight and if someone had ruptured his eardrums with their screaming. Maybe it was his own screaming. He didn't know... He never knew straightforward answers to questions like that. At least... when it came to his visions. Narcolepse huffed out a tired breath and laid down for sleep.