Chapter fifty-one~ Hollis

Start from the beginning

"You're looking really good." He continued.

"With my greasy hair, eye bags, and postpartum belly, mhm." I pointed out.

"Oh stop it, Holls. You've pushed a baby out fifteen days ago, give yourself a break.

"I know, I know. It's just bittersweet, I don't look like how I used to." I told him.

Luke sighed, "You look beautiful,  it's all just your mind playing games." 

I have him a weak smile, "I have the workout clothes, might as well start working out soon."

"Stop it. It's only been two weeks since you pushed a whole human out of you, give yourself a little break, Lis." 

Luke gently put his hands on both of my cheeks, having me look right at him.

"You are so beautiful, inside and out, Hollis. Don't ever believe otherwise." He repeated.

I have him another small, weak smile, "I love you." 

"And I love you." He said, giving me a kiss on the cheek, "Let's put your mind off things, you're working too hard."

"The wedding invites need to get done." I said, gesturing towards all the envelopes.

"We have time, chill. I'll make some lunch, you go lay down and pick out something to watch." He told me, "We'll have a little movie date." 

He walked towards the kitchen and left me grinning, "Oooh, our first little date since being parents." 

He opened the fridge and looked back at me, "Isn't that weird to say? We're parents now."

I nodded, "It's crazy. We have a daughter together, a whole ass human." 

"It's crazier to think that one day there might be more. Like Flora is only the first one, you know." He pointed out.

"I know. One day though, we definitely should wait awhile for another." I told him.

I definitely didn't want another kid for awhile. After all, we were still so young, fresh out of college and weren't even married.

"Oh definitely. You need to be a Craine before we make another." Luke agreed. 

I looked back down at the wedding invites and envelopes.

"Three and a half more months, my love." I said, "Three more months."

Luke cut up some fruit and made us sandwiches with my favorite spicy chicken, cheese and some fancy bread. It was simple but I wasn't able to have this for nine months. I was simply restricted to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches during my pregnancy.

The simple things really made me happy now, I guess.

After that, we squeezed on an episode of Criminal Minds before Flora woke up from her mini nap and needed to be fed.

So I fed her and then she fell asleep, again, on my chest. Although, she did love her daddy, she loved her naps cuddled up next to her mommy.

 Although, she did love her daddy, she loved her naps cuddled up next to her mommy