CHAPTER 107: SURPRISED AND SHOCKED

Sydney's pregnancy was going smoothly.  Tom was busy trying to take care of her. It was so humid, and she was moody a lot, so she tried not snap at him, but sometimes couldn't help it.   Tom was being so sweet, waiting on her, going to several places if she had a craving, he was trying not to smother her, but he wanted to be with her at all times.

Tom had really been doing a lot of thinking, about the future, the life that he and Sydney were going to have, the life he wanted them to have, with the baby, and Abby.

Tom's mom came back to hold a shower for Sydney.  The guys were all invited.  She got so much stuff, Tom's mom bought a lot, so did the guys.  They had dinner catered, and cake. The guys were in the kitchen talking, having a beer, while the ladies were in the living room.  Tom joined Sydney when she opened gifts.  Sydney said "you guys I can't believe how much stuff you guys got me.  I love it all thank you all so much."   

The guys went back in the kitchen.  Doug said "So Hanson you ok."  Tom said "um yeah yeah I'm fine."  Harry said "nervous about the baby, or is it something else.  You kind of look like your not paying a bit of attention to us."  Booker said "I'm sure your mind is racing about the baby huh. I can't imagine."  Tom said "yeah but I wasn't thinking well it involves the baby. I haven't discussed this with Sydney yet, I'm going to, but I've been doing a lot of thinking you know about the future. I don't think I want to stay on at Jump Street. "

Doug said "oh no you're going to leave to."  Tom said "Doug look I love Jump Street, working with you guys, that place will always be special to me, but I'm going to be a dad, I worry about the same thing happening to me, like what happened to my dad. I want to be around for my baby, for Sydney. And I mean I just can't see myself dressing up pretending to be a teenager, pretending to be a McQuaid"  Doug said "oh no I love being the McQuaid brother's."  Tom said "yeah it was fun, but I think we're too old."  Doug said "Too old. No don't say that."  Tom said "Doug come on. We aren't teenagers any more.  It's not just the cases, it's just the danger. I'm so relieved Sydney has given up being a police officer. I don't have to worry about well I will always worry, I mean you know how that guy came for Judy."

Harry said "So Hanson you want to leave Jump Street or the force entirely."  He said "Leave I loved being a cop, but now I love being a husband, and being a dad. my heart isn't in it."  Booker said "you have an idea what you are going to do?"  Tom said "Well the other night at bowling, Sydney and Judy had went to the bathroom, Mr. Hooten, the owner of the bowling alley, he has known me since I moved to Dallas"  Doug said "Well you're there at least once a week, all these years, so yeah."  The guys laughed.  Tom said "Well he's going to move to Florida, and he wants to find a good guy to sell the alley to, and he asked me if I'd maybe be open to that."

Doug said "Hanson owning a bowling alley."  The guys laughed.  Booker said "well I know you'd be great at it, I don't think I know any guy who loves to bowl more than you."  Tom said "yeah I would love to do it, I just don't know what Syd is going to think about it. I haven't mentioned it to her yet. I was trying to think about it first, see if it's something I think I should do before I mention it."

Harry said "Hanson she's going to support you in anything you want to do."  Tom said "I know she would, but I just I need be able to support her and the baby, and Abby. I mean I want to be able to work with her, every day, and this would work out perfect, plus I could be with the baby all the time. She and the baby could come to the alley with me, then I can go with her to the chapel for her time there."  They said "Sounds like a good deal."  Booker said "look Hanson I'll help I don't have much but I can make a loan if you need it."  Harry and Doug said "Same here."  Tom said "ok well can you guys not tell Sydney or Judy please. I'm going to talk to Sydney about it"

Booker and Judy came over for pizza, and Tom and Booker were going to put the baby's crib together, and the dresser and all the other stuff Sydney had got.    Sydney and Judy were on the couch talking and looking at all the cute baby clothes.