CHAPTER 11: JAKES AND MOVIE PART 2

Cindy was the bartender, and did serving also when they were short staffed. She came to the booth. She said "hi guys." They all said hi, except Tom. Cindy said "and who is this hottie, I haven't seen you in here before sweetie, how about you come keep me company at the bar, and maybe we will take it from there." Sydney said "this is great. Excuse me." She got up and ran out. Tom said "dammit lady what the hell is your problem. I was just making progress with her, and you ruined it all to hell." He came after her. Cindy said "oh dear, I didn't realize that he was with Sydney, I mean I have never seen Sydney in here with any man, and he was sitting by you Doug." Doug said "oh it's ok Cindy."

Tom caught up to her. Sydney was crying. Tom said "Sydney please don't cry." Sydney said "I'm not crying over you." Tom said "I know that." Sydney said "just go, look it's none of my business who you take home and have sex with." Tom said "you're right it's not, but you can make it your business if you want to. Look I told you I am not having sex with anyone. I wasn't lying about that" Sydney said "well I guess your luck is changing, cause slutty Cindy wants your company tonight." Tom said "well that is too bad for slutty Cindy, cause she isn't getting it." Sydney said "she's not. what about after the movie? Tom said "after the movie I am staying at Harry's, since it will be so late." Sydney said "oh you are." Tom said "um yeah." Sydney said "well what about tomorrow night or the night after that." Tom said "I am not interested., and actually I have to ask you a huge favor. I mean actually have to beg you for a huge big favor."

Sydney said "I am not going to go home with you." Tom said " I know that, " he grinned, he said "that is not what I was going to ask." He laughed. Sydney said "what" Tom said "I told slutty Cindy, that I was not interested, and that kind of you were my girl. Look I know you don't want to be my girl. I get it, You don't like me, probably still hate me." Sydney said "I do, I would never go out with you, you are way too short for me. and too thin." Tom said "got it, but I like I said I really don't want any distractions from any girls. I don't want girls hitting on me, and being all slutty ok. I have to concentrate and not screw up my last chance to be a cop and honor my dad. I came to Dallas, and went to police academy, cause that is where my dad went to the academy. He was from Dallas. Sydney said "oh that makes sense."

Tom said "so anyway I was kind of pisses me off that she just hit on me like that, and so I kind of said I was making progress with you, and kind of implied that you were my girl, but maybe you were a little mad at me." Sydney said "right so what then I am not going to be letting you be all over me, or dancing or touching me." Tom said "I know, I just need you to not rat me out to her, and tell her that I lied You don't have to touch me or do anything." Sydney said "well I can do that, I mean I know what is like to have to fight off people who are hitting on you." Tom said "thanks I appreciate it."  They went back in.

Doug and Harry had said to Judy "dang what is with Sydney and Hanson, she I can't believe it, she really likes this guy doesn't she." Judy said "yep I think so." Doug said "dammit, Mr police officer full uniform and she likes him, sickening." Harry said 'tell me about it." Doug said "actually I'm jealous, but I would be happy for her, if she was happy." Judy said "I think she likes him, but she is scared. I mean she was hurt so bad by a guy, and she isn't over it yet. She doesn't hurt now, but I think just the thought of ever getting hurt like that again scares the hell out of her." Harry said "so is it the same with you. I mean you are not dating any one either, are you scared still?" Judy said "yes I mean I think may be ready, but then when it comes down to it, I am like no what if he lies, or is just wanting sex, or is a jerk and will cheat on me. I barely survived."

Sydney and Tom came and sat down. Sydney said "so guys guess what Hanson begged me to do for him." Doug and Harry looked at Hanson then Sydney. Doug said "hey I don't like the sound of that" Tom said "um no not that, trust me," Sydney and Judy laughed. Sydney said "Hanson learn a lesson from my lie ok, it isn't going to work the lie won't work unless Doug Harry and Judy know about it." Tom said "ok as you know I was pissed that what Sydney calls slutty Cindy came on to me, and so I let Sydney know that I implied to Cindy that Sydney was my girl, and so Sydney agreed to go a long with it." Doug said "ok now I really don't like the sound of that." Sydney and Judy laughed. Harry said "me either this isn't going to work for us Hanson." Tom said "um she isn't ok, all she is doing is not going to rat me out and say I lied, so if you 3 will do me a favor and go along with it, I will be grateful." Judy said "sure we can do that for you Hanson, can't we men." Harry said "Cindy is fine tho." Tom said "I'm not interested ok. I don't want you guys setting me up with anyone either ok. I am serious. I need to focus on my career." Sydney said "I hadn't thought of that. You guys better not do that to Hanson." Sydney shot Doug and Harry like death stare looks. Doug and Harry said "yes boss."