CHAPTER 49: DINNER PARTY

Sydney said "you ready to take me grocery shopping?"  He said "yes but first I want to make clear that I am forever grateful to Booker for saving you, and I'm trying to not be a jerk to him, but I am insanely jealous."  She smiled.  She said "yeah I was impressed at my party, you let him  hug me and dance with me."  Tom said "yeah and that was quite an effort, I mean I wanted to stab him with a fork, but I didn't."  She laughed.  He said "let's go."

Tom teased her at the store, saying all the things he wanted her to make him." After they got home, Tom said "so baby you want to get in the recliner with me and watch um "  Sydney said "babe I love you but not bowling."  He said "oh ok."  She laughed.  Sydney said "yes I will watch bowling with you." 

Tom said "I'll go get us a blanket."  He came back.  They got in the chair,  Sydney was asleep with in a few minutes. Tom said "this guy is really good baby, I think he's going to win"  Sydney didn't answer.  Tom looked, saw she was asleep.  He laughed. He said "well that was fast."   After the bowling was over, he shut off tv, he decided to not move her, cause she was sleeping so good. He just went to sleep.

Next morning it was 6:00.  Tom said "Sydney wake up baby."  He nudged her.  She said "Tommy"  He said "morning beautiful."  She said "what it's not morning is it?"  She looked around.  She said "Tommy oh no I'm so sorry."  He said "why what's wrong?"  She said "I must have fallen asleep"  He said "yes about 3 minutes in to the bowling and you were sound asleep."  He laughed.  She hit his arm.  She said "Hanson why didn't you wake me up"  He said "you were sleeping good, you need sleep baby."  Sydney said "But I thought you wanted to um." He said "yes I always want to ok, but we don't have to, you were exhausted, and I'm happy that you slept soundly all night long."  She said "I'm sorry."  He said "Baby don't be it's fine. really."  She said "Tommy do we have time for a shower?"  He said "yeah if you want."  She said "I'll race you to the shower."  He laughed.  He let her win again.

Tom said  "Sydney I hate to stop but if we keep going we're going to be late. She said "yeah well we can wait until tonight? "  He smiled.  He said " yeah I'm down for that." Sydney said "let's go Hanson before we change our mind and then we will be late."  They got dressed and left in Sydney's car.

Sydney let Tom drive.  Tom pulled into the parking lot.  Shut off the car.  Sydney said "Tommy."  He said "yeah."  She said "do you think that the guys know?" He said "know what?"  Sydney said "Hanson about what we've been doing?"  He smiled.  Sydney said "Did you tell them?"  He said "no. I haven't talked about our private details, like you did."  Sydney said "You aren't mad that I told Judy are you?"  He said "no."  He laughed.  She said "Tommy she is like a sister to me, and I mean I didn't have any girl friends growing up, they all joined in with the bitch who made my life hell."  He said "I know."  Sydney said "What how do you know."  He said "I meant I know cause you've told me that before  Anyway I am not going to talk about our sex life to the guys, but yeah I'm sure they know, I mean if they didn't figure it out with us getting a hotel room, then I'm sure once they see you they are going to be able to tell."

Sydney said "What why?"  He said "um they just will."  Sydney said "Judy said I'm glowing, but I'm not Tommy."  He said "um you sure about that?"  Sydney hit his arm.  He laughed.  He said "baby your face, your eyes are like dancing, and I mean there is the part about your lips."  Sydney said "what about my lips"  Tom said "um it's not that noticeable."  Tom started get out of car.  Sydney stopped him by grabbing his arm.  She said "Hanson what?"  He said "your lips are a little bruised."  Sydney said "what why."  He laughed.  He said "baby don't worry about it."  Sydney looked in the mirror.  She said "oh my God they are swollen, this is your fault"  He laughed.  Sydney said "Tommy I don't want the guys staring at me and laughing at me. Most of my life I have been stared at pointed at laughed at."  He said "baby don't worry about it. They aren't going to stare or laugh at you ok. Trust me it makes them sick to know you and I are having sex. They aren't going to bring it up. Now let's go. If we're late they will think it's cause of that."  She said "ok."