CHAPTER 65: TOM'S MARRIAGE PLANS

Fuller gave Tom, Sydney, and Judy two weeks off.  Tom had to go to mandatory counseling for the  shooting. Tom wanted Sydney to go to counseling, to talk about her dreams, but she didn't want to. 

Tom decided to propose again, and told Doug and Harry about it, they asked him how he was going to do it this time.  He said he was going to take Sydney to the zoo, and have one of the zoo workers place a sign in the penguin cove.  They said dang Hanson you are making us guys look bad. How you think of all these romantic proposals.  Tom said I really hope she says yes. Harry said even if she doesn't, it's not cause she doesn't love you.  Just remember that.

Tom asked Sydney if she wanted to go to the zoo..  They were holding hands and he was trying make her laugh.  Sydney said "Tommy let's go see the Penguins."  He had arranged for the Penguin worker to have the sign at 3:00 and it was only 2:00.  Tom said " why don't we wait, let's go get a snack."  She said "ok but why did you make that face?"  He said "What face."  She said "Tommy you made a face when I said let's go see the penguins, you looked at your watch, and then kind of frowned."  He said "I'm I don't know I didn't realize that I made a face Syd.  Let's sit down."

They got a smoothie and were sitting down.  He said "you are so beautiful."  He kissed her cheek.  She said "thanks but I don't think so.  You are handsome though."  He said "honey you are beautiful."   Sydney said "let's go see the Penguins now." Tom said "why don't we see them last. Let's go see the bears."

At 2:45 Tom said "let's go see the Penguins now."  Sydney said "why don't we see the tigers first."  He said "um no let's go to the Penguin Cove."  Sydney said "Tom what's with you today."  He said "nothing."  Sydney said "you didn't want to see them, now you do. You're making faces, frowning. Are you upset with me for not doing the counseling.  Tommy I'm sorry but I just can't talk about my dreams to you or to some stranger. They are too personal to me. "  Tom said "I'm not mad at you. I'm disappointed that you don't want to get help for yourself.  I don't care for me, but I hate to see you torment yourself and have these dreams. I'm worried about you.  As far as today, I told you I didn't realize I was making a face.  Now please can we just go see the Penguins now."  Sydney said "ok but you're acting weird Hanson."

They got there.  Sydney was looking at Tom.  He had taken a deep breath and didn't think she had noticed.  She said "Tommy are you feeling alright?  You look pale."  He said "I'm fine."  She said "Tom maybe we should go home.  You're acting strange, do you need to lie down?"  He said "I'm fine Sydney. Let's just look at the penguins."  He looked at his watch.  She said "Tom why do you keep looking at your watch, you must have checked your watch a hundred times today."  He said "no reason.  Look Sydney."  He turned her to face the penguins.  The worker had put the sign with them.

Sydney started to cry.  She turned and faced Tom.  She said  "Tom you are so sweet and so romantic."  He smiled.  She said "Tommy I love you more than I could say, since the first day I saw you."  He said "but it's a no."  She nodded.  She started to cry.  He said "Baby don't cry."  She said "I'm so sorry Tommy. I don't want to hurt you. I just can't deal with getting engaged right now."  He said "I understand.  I hope I didn't upset you."  She said "no"  He said "you're crying."  She said "I'm crying cause it's hard to tell you no, and I hate seeing the hurt and disappointment in your eyes."  He said "don't worry about me Sydney."  He kissed her.  She said "I love you Hanson."  He said "I love you too. Let's go see the tigers then I'll take you to eat."  She said "are you sure we are ok.  I mean I know you're hurt."  He said "I'm fine. Yes we are ok."  She kissed him.

They went to eat and then Judy called.  She wanted to take Sydney to the salon.  So they did that.  Doug and Harry came over to see Tom to see how it went.  Tom said "hey guys."  Doug said "aw so it's a no huh."  Tom said "yeah  I was hoping it would be a yes but it's a no."  Harry said "I'm sorry brother."  Tom said "Thanks."  Doug said "Hanson she loves you."  Tom said "I know ."