CHAPTER 98: TOM AND SYDNEY HAVE THE TALK

Tom was sitting on the couch.  Sydney was in the kitchen.  She had her milk, but she was just staring at Tom. He couldn't see her though. Sydney came out with her glass.  Sydney said "Tom I'm going to bed. I'm sleepy."  He said "ok have a good night."  He got up.  Sydney said "What so are you leaving?"  Tom said "no I meant I hope you have a good sleep.  I was just going to go to the kitchen, and get me something to eat. I'm still hungry."  Sydney said " Tom I know we need to talk, but I'm not ready yet. Seeing you just hurts me."  Tom said "I'm sorry. If you can't take me being here I'll go back home."  Sydney said "So is that what you want to do?"  Tom said "no I want to be here close to you. Even if I can't see you."  Sydney said "you can stay as long as you get you can't just come in to my room.  I mean it's best if you stay cause Abby wants you to."  Tom said "ok thank you and yeah I know I can't. I will stay away from you."  Sydney said "good. Good night. I mean you have a good sleep too."  Tom said "thank you."  Sydney went up to bed.

She looked at Abby.  She said Abby I know I am messing everything up with Tommy. I just don't know what to do. I love him and I want to be his wife, I have lived with the pain of what he did, and was still able to be with him, so I should be able to get over this too.

Sydney tried lay down but she couldn't sleep.  She went downstairs.  Tom was asleep on the couch.  She stood there and stared at him.  She turned to leave but bumped into the table.  Tom woke up.  Tom said "Syd."  She turned.

Tom said "you ok? I mean you didn't hurt yourself bumping into the table.  I'm sorry I turned off the light."  Sydney said "no I'm fine. Sorry I woke you."  Tom said "no it's ok. So were you headed to the kitchen."  Sydney said "No I was needing to ask you something."  Tom said "ok well you should have woken me. What did you want to ask."

Sydney turned on the light.  Sydney said "Tom I feel so bad for how I treated your mom, She's always been so sweet to me, and I just flew out of her house didn't even hardly explain, and I ruined her time with you. I know she was so excited for you to be home."  Tom said "Sydney don't worry about it. My mom understands why you left so quick."  Sydney said "I love your mom so much I would never want to hurt her."  Tom said "She loves you Sydney/Michelle. Don't worry about it."

Sydney said "she texted me and told me that she loved me and she would give me some time and space and not  keep bothering me, but if I needed her to call or text her."  Tom said "Right she loves you."  Sydney said "I feel bad, I don't want her to be mad at me."  Tom said "She's not."  Sydney said "I wanted to call her back I mean I texted her  thank you and that I loved her, and I was sorry,  but I didn't know what to say. I can't deal with all of this Tom."  He said "Sydney she knows that, that's why she told you she would back off. But she's always going to be here for you. She loves you. She always has."

Sydney said " will you tell her I'm sorry."  Tom said "yeah I will, but you don't need to be. You wanted get back home to Abby it's fine she understands that. You needed get away from me."  Sydney said "ok that's all I wanted to say. I mean I want you to tell her. I can't deal with any of this. I've got a lot of thinking to do."  Tom said "I understand. I just pray that when you are ready, you will let me try and explain. I know I hurt you at the reunion. I didn't mean to."  

"