CHAPTER 30: TOM'S NEW PARTNER

Doug got asked to help the Intelligence Department, because he impressed the downtown division, with shutting down that club.  Sydney and Judy told Tom and Doug that they should take Doug out to celebrate Saturday night. On Saturday morning, Doug called Tom.  Tom said "hey Doug it's a little early, it's 3:00 a.m."  Doug said "I know, I'm sorry. I need a favor."  "ok."  Sydney said "Tom who are you talking to."  He said "it's Doug."  Sydney said "why is he calling so early."  Tom said "I don't know, says he needs favor."  Tom said "Doug can this wait."  Tom said "ok but just telling you I'm not leaving Sydney here alone, so."  Doug said "you don't need to, I'm downstairs."  Tom said "what."  Sydney said "what."  Tom said "I'll be right there."  Tom got up. He said "Doug is downstairs. I'm going to go get him."  Sydney said "ok."  Tom got dressed went down to lobby.  Doug said "hi Tom."  Tom didn't look happy.  Doug said "sorry."  Tom said "it's ok what you need."  Doug said "can we go upstairs."  Tom said "ok." They came up.  Sydney was on the couch.  She said "hey Doug. What's up."  Doug said "I'm sorry to wake you guys, I kind of need a place to stay.  I was wondering Tom, since you are going to move in here, you think I could take over your payments on your lease?" Tom said "I guess. I hadn't told them I was moving so."  Sydney said "Dorothy kick you out again?"  He said "yes. you can say you told me so."  Sydney said "no I'm sorry Doug."  She went and gave him a hug.  He said "Thanks."  She said "you can stay here tonight."  

At Charlies Judy and Sydney were trying to cheer Doug up.  Sydney said "I hate your all down, you should be so excited about making that big bust, getting honored, and asked to help."  He said "I am."  Judy said 'Just remember they can only have you for awhile, we need you at Jump Street."  He said "ok."  Sydney said "so Tommy  it is great you can get all moved in while I am out of town."  Tom said "um what you are going out of town?"  Sydney said "yes I told you."  He said "you did."  Doug said "slap him upside the head Sydney, he needs learn to pay attention and listen."  Tom said "I'm sorry I try to listen."  Sydney said "Lindsey and Ben's baby"  Tom said "oh yeah I remember you said you were going when Lindsey has the baby, I just didn't realize that was now."  Sydney said "yes she went into labor this morning, Ben's mom called to let me know."  He said "oh."  Sydney said "So Hanson I need ask you a big favor?"  He said "I'll do it."  Sydney and Judy laughed.  Sydney said "I didn't ask you yet?"  He said "I know, what is it."  Sydney said "can you take off and drive me to Austin, and stay and meet Ben and Lindsey, and see the baby?  Then you can drive back, and I will just fly back a few days later."  He said "sure I can do that, but I can just stay with you and drive you back."  Sydney said "no Tom, you have that new case starting next week."  He said "oh that's right. So when you want to leave."  Sydney said "tomorrow."  

Tom took Sydney to Austin, met everyone, and saw the baby.  Tom stayed a week, then he left. He said "I'm going miss you Sydney.  You sure you want me to stay in your place without you?"  Sydney said "yes it's fine."  

Tom headed to Jump Street on Monday. He met with Fuller, about the new case.  There were some students who were painting the n word, and blew out the tires on the bus.  Tom's new partner comes in, while Judy is talking to Harry.  He said "is this Jump Street  Chapel?" Judy said "yes it is. How can we help you."  He said "I have died and gone to heaven, you mean I get to work with such a beautiful lady as yourself?"  Judy laughed.  He took her hand.  Harry said "are you going to be Tom's partner on this case?"  He said "yes I am. I'm Dennis Booker."  Judy said "I'm Judy Hoffs, Harry Ioki."  He said "nice to meet you. I really wasn't prepared to come face to face with such beauty."  Judy laughed.  Harry just looked at her then him.  He said "Jude I'll see you later I got to go. Nice to meet you Dennis."  He said "you too, you can call me Booker."   Booker was sitting on Doug's desk.  Judy said "oh you can't sit there."  He said "oh I'm sorry, whose desk is it?"  She said "that's Doug Penhall's. He is working with intelligence, but he'll be back."  Dennis said "ok so where can I sit, as close to you is best for me."  She laughed.  He said "So Judy I'm sure you have a boyfriend?"  She said "no actually I don't. and you can sit in that desk right there, it's next to mine."  He said "oh I will love that view."  Tom came out.  Tom said "hey Judy do you got that file?"  She ignored him. She was staring at Booker.  Tom said "Jude hey he snapped his finger's."  She said "What do you want Hanson?"  Booker said "you Hanson?"  Tom was irritated.  He said "yes so Judy what's with you."  She said "nothing."  She was staring at Booker.  Tom looked at Booker.