Chapter 31 : Closer

I immediately melted into the kiss, ignoring the tears rolling down. I closed my eyes, focusing on the feelings Taehyung made me experience.

Taehyung's lips were so soft against mine. The smell of alcohol had disappeared, and I was left with a soft, comforting smell.

When Taehyung pulled away, I didn't speak, I buried my face in his chest and felt his arms close around me.

Taehyung closed his eyes. Nothing had been said. Absolutely nothing. That kiss, our first kiss, it happened so spontaneously, and it said it all...

"I'm scared, Taehyung." I finally whispered, against his chest, because I was terrified. When I was with Taehyung I did feel safe, but with the scandal unfolding...With the threats... "I don't know what's going to happen. People are saying so many horrible things."

"You know..." Taehyung seemed to hesitate, looking at me. "First of all, I'm scared too. And I don't know what's going to happen either. But all I know is that, as I told you back then, we're both humans. Human beings. And we are allowed to live our lives the way we want. People shouldn't feel the right to dictate our life choices." I nodded to his words, trying a smile.

I couldn't help looking at his handsome face. Part of me was still terrified, another part of me was realising that Kim Taehyung had just kissed me. Kim Taehyung liked me like that?

"I wanted to take you out today." Taehyung admitted. "This morning, I had planned to take you out and ask you the following question." What did he mean by take me out? What question? "Would you go out with me and be my girlfriend?"

I...no thoughts, so many mixed feelings, and that fear kept its grip on me.

"Is this how Se-Jin plans to make it all disappear?" I couldn't help thinking that Se-Jin, trying to preserve the security of his artist was going to make a statement saying we are dating or something. But I would rather live under a different identity than date the man I like because he's forced to do so...

Taehyung didn't reply. He looked at me with that look, those eyes which told me so many things, that look I could never explain.

"Se-Jin will probably be furious but I can't let you go."

Did Kim Taehyung really just say that?

He moved even closer to me. "I'm crazy about you, Kiaraa." Taehyung breathed, his eyes diving into mine, then slowly moving down.

Before I could think twice, Taehyung's lips were against mine. He kissed me gently at first, but then, as if he was reaching for something more, he slightly pushed me against the kitchen counter, our bodies colliding.

I kissed back, my hands reaching for his hair as his moved down to my waist then to my hips.

A gasp escaped my mouth as he lifted me without warning, my legs closing around his thin waist.

I could feel his desire for me and it turned me on so bad.

Where did things escalate so fast? Taehyung wanted me so bad. Kim Taehyung...
I could feel his hands holding my thighs moving to my back, moving under my shirt. His cold fingers on my skin sent shivers down my spine.

Taehyung's lips left mine to explore my neck, and at the same time I could feel his hands move up.
"Tae..." I breathed and he didn't stop. A smile appeared on my face, my head was slightly tilted, my eyes closed... "Tae, let's go to the bedroom..." I asked in a whisper, feeling so weak in Taehyung's arms.