Back to 2018

Back to 2018
Two months after the incident.

Taehyung sat in the sofa, deep in thought, looking straight in front of him.

"Taehyungah?" Namjoon sat next to him and patted his thigh. "You okay?" Taehyung looked up, surprised and gave his hyung a shy smile.

"I'm good."

"You're still thinking about her?" Taehyung looked back down at his hands.

"Yeah. I just wish I knew if she was okay, if she's alive."

"There was nothing you could do." Namjoon assured him.

"Well, that's the thing, maybe pulling the fire alarm was a mistake, maybe if I hadn't done that, people wouldn't have panicked and she would've been evacuated. She was the farthest down in the room..."

"Hey, stop torturing yourself. We can't know what would've happened if we hadn't been here, if it had been us having our fan meeting, we have no idea what variables there are. All we know is what happened. And you were powerless like everyone else. That dancer, maybe she's fine."

"No, I know for sure that she didn't make it out. I didn't see her face clearly but I know how she was dressed and her silhouette. I looked for her in the crowd. She wasn't there."

"Okay..." the leader sighed, feeling terrible seeing Taehyung so worked up.

"Well, if she didn't make it out, think of her as another angel you can talk to. She's probably in a better place now."

Taehyung felt strangely sad. He didn't even know her. But the moment he laid eyes on her, he felt that connection that goes beyond words. He felt understood, he felt that his lyrics were understood through her dance, they communicated their art.

She was unique.

He felt like he lost the person who understood him even without knowing him. He felt so close to her. But she was gone. She was gone and he didn't even get to talk to her.

Taehyung nodded to his hyung.

"You're right...she's probably in a better place..." Taehyung muttered and Namjoon gave him a bright smile.

"Yeah. That's right! Now come on, we need to go practice." The two stood and walked to the studio in silence. Jimin saw his soulmate come in and rushed to him.

"Ya, Taehyungah, you wanna come and have a drink with me after practice?" Taehyung nodded, smiling to Jimin who mirrored that smile before getting in position for the dance.

Taehyung pulled everything in him to be focused and as soon as practice was over he made his way to the showers, not staying to chat with Yoongi and J-Hope who were still discussing dance moves, or Jungkook and Jin messing around...

He showered and got back into comfortable clothes.

"Hey!" Jimin jumped on his back, surprising him but Taehyung caught him nonetheless. "Still up for drinks?"

"Yeah, let's go." He put Jimin down and the two left Big Hit. On the way, Taehyung was quiet and listened to his best friend chatting joyfully about how the album was really successful, and how happy and proud of the team he was.

Once they sat down, Jimin frowned.

"Taehyungah, it's okay to not be okay. You can be sad you know. Don't keep it all in. I'm here to listen to you too." Jimin assured, surprising Taehyung a little by his declaration.

"It probably sounds out of proportion, coz I didn't even know her. But I was craving to meet her, I felt such a connection, Jiminah. And she died. She's gone. The building we were supposed to be in, it was her instead of us. I wish I knew at least her name..."

"Maybe we could look at the name of those who passed?"

"We won't know which she was. Plus, they've blocked all searches related to that incident to protect the victim's families' privacy. And they're right to have done so..."

"Tell me how you felt close to that dancer even though you didn't know her?" Jimin was really serious. He knew his friend needed to talk about it. So he asked, making sure he also ate.

"When I saw her dancing to Singularity...well of course seeing someone dancing to my song is already one thing. But her dance...It expressed exactly the feelings, emotions and thoughts I poured into my song. It was like she read through the lyrics, through me and danced it. I'm that dance, I felt like her soul and mine were one. I know it sounds weird. But that what I felt."

"It's not weird, Taehyungah." Jimin replied very seriously. "I'm listening to you, and it's not weird, okay? Your feelings, no matter how they sound to you, they're valid, okay? Don't diss yourself like that, Taehyungah. Come on, eat up a bit and we'll go on talking, okay?"

Jimin took care of his friend, often making him talk about the dancer, about how he felt about how he was doing.

Kiaraa turned in her bed. Not bothering to eat the food Kai had brought her.

"Kie? Why aren't you eating?" Kai asked concerned, sitting on the bedside.

"I'm not hungry." She muttered.

"Kie, the doctor is already worried, so you can guess how worried I am. You've already lost five pounds, you're never going to be able to heal if you go on like this.

"I don't care..." she whispered to herself, holding her pillow in her arms.

"Kie, I...I care, okay? Mom and dad care. We can't lose you. We love you."

"I loved Na-Rae. I couldn't lose her, but I did, didn't I?!" Kiaraa had turned to face Kai, tears streaming down her thin face. She couldn't sit up due to her wound and even turning around was painful.

She held her side and slowly turned back around, leaving Kai speechless.

What could he possibly say to give her back the will to live? Her condition was worsening by the weeks as she had no will to go on. She didn't get good nights of sleep, having nightmares every night.

Kai was about to leave.

"Kai?" He turned around, hopeful. "Could you find away to delete all the videos of me on the internet? I don't want to be remembered, I want people to forget me." She muttered and Kai hesitated.

"Kie, why would you want-"

"It's the only way I can go on." She breathed and Kai kept his eyes on her for a while. Holding his tears and the pain he felt seeing his sister like that.

"Okay. Okay, I'll do it. Please eat something, I'll come hang out with you when I'm done." He assured and she nodded. Kai didn't know if she really wanted to go on, but it was the first hopeful sign in two months... He was going to do whatever it took to bring his sister back to her old self. As much as he could...

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

A short flashback chapter! Hope you enjoyed! Stay safe, all of you lovely people!💜