Chapter Sixteen : Painful nemories

Ae-Cha left my room and after drinking my coffee I almost laid on my bed again but decided to get up instead and get dressed. I chose a comfortable outfit for today. It kind of looked like a pyjamas. But it's comfortable.

Joon Woo saw me and rushed me into a big bear hug

So much for being unnoticed by BTS. Luckily, only RM was there and he looked pretty focused on his coffee to see. I closed my eyes into the hug.

"You okay, Kie?" Not even 'boss' today. I smiled to myself.

"Yeah. I'm going to call Kai." He smiled.

"You do that, I'll bring you something to eat."

"Thank you."

I walked farther away from the table and sat on a rock by the lake, dialling Kai's number.

I tried his number three times but he just wouldn't pick up. I brought my knees to my chest and buried my face. In the darkness, I saw her face. My best friend, my sister.

We might not have been related by blood, we were always together. We always did everything together. She supported me all the time and I supported her.

Kim Na-Rae wanted to be a business woman. And she worked hard. She had dreams. She had dreams, hopes.

But they were all crushed. And I wasn't even with her. When she struggled, when she breathed her last breath, I wasn't there to hold her hand.

Flashback.
Kiaraa woke up in the hospital, plugged in so many machines, bandages on her chest, waist, hands and legs.

She looked around and saw Kai, her brother, holding her hand she could barely feel. The pain caused tears to flood from her eyes.

The sudden motion woke Kai who rose to his feet.

"Kie! You're awake! Are you okay?"

"I..." her voice was hoarse. "Na-Rae?" She managed to utter and her brother's face fell. He didn't say a word, just sent a heartbroken look towards his sister who felt her heart fall apart.

"No..." she whispered in denial. "She came because of me..."

"Kie, I'm so sorry...."

"But...I saw her,...she was almost out." Kie's breathing was becoming uneven.

"Kie, look at me. There was nothing you could've done."

"I...I killed her...." Kie stared in front of her. Her hands were shaking abnormally.

"Kie." Kai held her hand tight. "Listen to me, nothing that happened is your fault."

"Yes it is. She only came to support me. And now, now I lost...I lost my best friend. Kai...she's...she's gone. I didn't even get to say goodbye...I...I diddn't say goodbye..."