13. Did I Cross The Line?

Start from the beginning

I spent the next four hours mostly waiting tables and watching how the girls interacted with their clients. The guys who visited the club ranged from older to younger some handsome some not so much. It was a different kind of environment but it was something that might not take so long to get used to. If I could earn decent money then I'd put my effort into doing well. Yoona gave me my new roster before she dismissed me at around 9:30 pm. I grabbed my coat and handbag from the locker I'd left them in earlier and then said goodbye to a few of the girls I'd met. As I made my way home I grabbed out my phone to check for any messages. To my surprise, there was one from Jungkook.

JK: Hey Jia, are you home rn?
Jia: heeey, just saw your message, I'm on the way home now 😊 why what's up?

JK: Is it okay if I stop by? I accidentally left my charger at your place
Jia: Yea sure, I'll be there in 20
JK: Ok see ya in a bit

I locked my phone and quickened my pace. I wanted to try and get back and change before he got there so that I wouldn't arouse any suspicions from him about what I'd been doing tonight... it wasn't something I wanted to tell him... Especially when I had no idea what he might think about it. Maybe it would turn him off me.. Or make him think differently of me and I just didn't want that...

As soon as I got back I threw on some pyjamas and messed up my hair a bit to make it look like I hadn't been anywhere important earlier. The intercom buzzed signalling that Kookie was here so I quickly went over to let him in.

I could start to hear the wind picking up outside and when I opened the door to let Kook in I felt the chill from outside follow him. He shivered as he rushed to come in, closing the door behind him to get out of the cold. He was only wearing a T-Shirt and track pants and his hair was slightly displaced as though the wind had messed it up on the way here.

"Sorry to drop in last-minute" Jungkook had turned around and given a small shiver.

"No, no, it's totally alright. Are you okay though? What happened to you? You look kinda messed up?" I grabbed onto his arm and pulled him into the lounge room so we could sit down and talk properly.

"Oh, I'm fine," He said plainly, letting himself be led by me. He sat down beside me on the couch. "I just ran over because I had a quick break from practice. Didn't know it was so cold tonight," he explained.

"Oh Yeah, seasons are changing, I tend to forget too," I replied. It was obvious that he was really cold. The light goosebumps that prickled up on his forearms were a dead giveaway. I quickly stood up and went to my room.

"Jia?" Kook questioned, surprised by my spontaneous movement. I called back out to him from my room to wait for a second as I rummaged through my wardrobe. I pulled out my baggy purple hoodie and a black scarf.

There was no way I was going to let him back outside wearing only a T-Shirt so I went and offered him the hoodie. His eyes widened for a second and he seemed taken-a-back.

"Please just put these on, I just don't want you to get sick.." I mumbled, a second passed before his expression softened into a bunny smile.

"You're.. so nice. Thanks," he took it from me, stood up and started to pull the jumper over his head. We both kind of laughed as we realised how it looked. By the time he got it on it was obviously baggy on him.

"You look so tiny in this," I giggled. Kookie seemed to not mind as he continued to happily wrap my scarf around his neck to accompany the hoodie.

"Oh right! Don't forget this," I quickly remembered the initial reason he'd even stopped by and went to my bedside table where I'd left his phone charger. I grabbed it, wrapt it up and then went back and handed it to him. He thanked me again before he slipped it into the pocket of my hoodie.