Chapter-16:Knocking On The Devil's Door.

Great Fox II

"So Kronos, where are they coming from?"

"The planet Babel."

"And where is this?"

"Well nobody really knows, but there is a warpgate that leads to it."

"You know where it is?"

"Of course I do."

The Elite gave some coordinates to ROB.

Four Hours Later

The Great Fox arrived at the red warp gate, which just happened to be guarded by two MIG-29s, an SU-37 Terminator, and a Black Bull.

"Well if it isn't the great Star Fox, a pity that you came all this way just to be destroyed." a thirtyish looking human said over the comm.

"Come on guys, let's get this over with." said Fox.

He, Krystal, Falco, and Lucy, who insisted on going, headed to the hanger. They took off and engaged this new team. Fox on one MIG, Krystal on the other, Lucy on the SU-37, and Falco on the Black Bull.

Fox happened to be facing the human who had contacted them.

"The name's Hugo Zayas, leader of Revolutionaries for Hire."

"So you help overthrow governments?"

"Sometimes."

"Than again, the name does ring a bell. Wait a sec, you're the guy who shot off someone's fingers with one bullet and without looking."

"Correct."

Fox initially had the advantage, but just like the MIGs on Titania, Hugo was able to turn the tables. This went back and forth, both men giving each other a run for their money. Things got bad for Fox as Hugo ended up behind while his shields were very low. Before the human could finish him off, Fox pulled a loop. Hugo tailed him, but Fox pulled another loop and surprised him. Fox did enough damage to make Hugo back off.

"Not bad McCloud, not bad."

Krystal was battling a man named Imahd Sadat. He seemed to be an average pilot at best.

"Shoot me down if you can."

She was about to oblige him when he started to turn. Krystal tried to follow, but she was dealing with a MIG. However, Krystal could sense his thoughts, so it hardly mattered. She was able to outmaneuver him and force him to retreat.

The man in the SU-37 was also Cuban and resembled Hugo, though he looked older. He and Lucy exchanged shots at each other.

"Tell me something, are you related to your leader."

"I don't see how that's your concern, but yes, I'm Hugo's older half-brother Omar."

The conversation allowed Omar to get the drop on her. He pounded her shields away, and was about to finish her off. Krystal intervened and Omar flew away.

Falco was battling an American named Lance Sellik. He was almost impossible to hit as the Black Bull was arguably the fastest fighter in the galaxy. Sellik constantly hit Falco with hit and run attacks.

"And you're supposed to be an ace pilot?"

However, he backed off when the others confronted him. Outnumbered, he sped off after his retreating comrades.

Back in the hanger, the Snow Bunny had clearly not held up against the Terminator. It was a wonder it hadn't fallen apart.

"Dad is going to kill me." was all Lucy could say.

Regardless, they flew into the warpgate. The effect was nothing like normal hyperspace. Rather, it looked like a tunnel of blood. Strange voices and laughter could be heard. They would spend the rest of their days wondering why three hours of this didn't drive them insane.