Chapter 2: Space Battle

"And The Stars Look Very Different, Today."

David Bowie-Space Oddity

Corneria: 8:10 AM

The Great Fox arrived to a very grim scene over Corneria. The Cornerian fleet was being slaughtered by the hostile star fleets. Half of the enemy ships were unrecognizable and half were of Sangheili origin, shown by their purple coloring and rounded edges along with the national symbol of the Global Socialist Republic of Sangheilos, an Elite head with Iron Crosses on the forehead and in the background.

"So the Elites are invading us." Falco Lombardi, the second-in-command of the team, thought to himself.

He had a great disdain for the Elites, one had killed his father when he was young. No one else knew that since he hardly talked about his past. Aside from Falco, there was also Fox, Krystal, Slippy Toad the team mechanic, and his fiance Amanda. She stayed while the others went to their Arwings. They powered up and flew out of the hanger with a deafening roar.

"Thank the gods that you're here." a 40-ish looking Husky said over the comm.

"Do you have any idea about what's going on?" Fox replied

"Your guess is as good as mine."

With that, the team split up to engage targets. Fox dropped in behind a Banshee, the main star fighter of Sangheilos. With it's purple-black paint job, twin plasma cannons, fuel rod launcher, and engines that made screeching sounds, it certainly lived up to it's name. Fox took some shots at it, only for the pilot to send his aircraft into a barrel-roll, absorbing the twin blue lasers with a shield similar to the Arwing's own barrel-roll shield. Annoyed, Fox banked left to stay with the Banshee. He decided to try the lock-on laser.

"Try stopping this." he said before releasing the trigger.

The charged bolt found it's way to it's target. Fox grinned as the Banshee exploded in a blue fireball.

"Fox! Someones on your six." shouted Slippy.

"I'll handle it." Fox replied before pulling a loop over his pursuer.

He didn't recognize this ship, but it had two small wings and grew gradually narrower towards the nose, giving it a small resemblance to some of the aircraft used by Venom during the Lylat War. Fox shot it apart with his lasers.

"I wonder who these guys are?" he thought to himself.

SSS Klevor

8:13 AM

A lone Elite sat behind a desk, going through some battle plans. He wore white armor and had green eyes, uncommon as Elites usually have orange or black eyes.

"Its almost a shame that I'm going to be the last thing you see McCloud."

***

The Star Fox team were easily taking down the unidentified enemies, even Slippy, the least skilled pilot of the team, managed to shoot down a few.

"Okay guys, lets hit those cruisers." Fox ordered.

They formed up and headed for the Elite cruisers. But two strange-looking space ships appeared seemingly out of nowhere. They were rectangular-shaped, with a skull-like design on the front and goat head statues along the sides. The goat heads began to spew a red liquid from their mouths.