Chapter 50

~A Year Later~

Toru and Hajime had adopted a baby girl, Iwaizumi Taiyo Akina (Spring flower). She was a year younger than Issei's and Hiro's baby, Matsukawa Yuki (snow). The Iwaizumi's had adopted her a month after she was born, the 21st of June, and today was the day they got to bring her home.

"Hello there baby Akina~" Toru says softly touching her cheek in her car seat. "How is she?" Hajime asks from the drivers seat. "She's doing good, she seems tired though. But she's still giggling and everything." Toru smiles at Akina and she smiles back with a even brighter smile. Hajime smiles, "That's good then. We're almost home, if she does fall asleep we'll have everyone meet her tomorrow." Toru nods his head and continues to play with the baby.

.
.

Once they had gotten home, Hajime was carrying the baby stuff as Toru carried the baby carrier. Hajime opens the door to let Toru and Akina in first and then enters himself. "Is that her?" They hear a voice. The two jump until the lights turn on. "Mom?" Toru questions, he looks around to see his parents and sister, Hajime's parents, along with Issei and Hiro with Yuki. "What are you guys doing here?" Hajime questions as he puts the baby stuff down.

Everyone smiles, "We wanted to see the baby obviously." Mamakawa says, "Yup, where is she?" Hiro asks holding Yuki as she smiled and exclaimed "To-To!" She held her arms out towards Toru, "Hi Yuki~ Want to meet someone?" Yuki just stares at him as he walks over to the couch, "Come here Yuki." Yuki looks at Hiro and he smiles as he takes her to Toru. He places her down next to Toru as he takes Akina out of the baby carrier.

Yuki stares at Akina, "This is Akina. Say hello." Toru holds up Akina and Yuki smiles, "Hi." She whispers as Akina stares at her. Akina smiles and giggles and Yuki smiles at her.

Everyone else 'awing' at their interaction. "Now give me the baby." Makazumi says moving over to them. Toru laughs and hands her Akina. "Oh wow, aren't you pretty." She boops her nose and Akina giggles, "Oh let me see her!" Dadzumi says walking over. "Here." She passes Akina to him. "Oh hello~" He whispers, "Oh god." He says, he had tears in his eyes. "Aw dad, don't cry." Toru says. "How am I not supposed to when I'm holding my granddaughter." He smiles as Akina places her hand on his cheek.

"My turn." Mamakawa says moving next to them as well. "Same here." Dadkawa says moving next to her. "Hello Akina~" Mamakawa whispers. "She's beautiful." Dadkawa says. Toru and Hajime smile at their parents with Akina.

"We're parents." Toru whispers. "Right. And to a baby girl." Hajime whispers back. "Oh god, now I'm crying." Hajime says chuckling. "Me too." Toru says wiping his eyes. "Don't cry you two." Iseei says walking up behind them. "No cry!" Yuki exclaims. Toru and Hajime laugh, "Okay. No cry." Yuki giggles and reaches her hand out towards Hiro. "Papa!"

.
.
.

Once everyone had gotten a chance to hold and meet Akina, she had fallen asleep. "Did you feed her?" Mamakawa asks as Toru places her in the crib. "Yea, as we were driving." She nods her head as they walk out of the room. "You're all grown up." Toru hears Mamazumi say to Hajime, "You have a baby now. It's feels like yesterday you were running around in a diaper." She cries, "Mom, don't cry." Hajime says pulling her in for a hug. "Mom don't start crying too." Toru says to Mamakawa. "How can I not. My baby has a baby." Toru and Hajime share a look as they try to stop their mothers from crying.

After everybody had left, Akina was still asleep. Hajime and Toru looked around her room and smiled.

 Hajime and Toru looked around her room and smiled

They both smile as they look at Akina. "We have a baby." Toru whispers. "Yea." Hajime replies. The two walk to their room and get ready for bed.

"I'm so in love with you." Hajime says when Toru lies down. "Me too." Toru says kissing him. Hajime pulls him closer as they pull away. The two stay in each others arms as they fall asleep.