Chapter 3

~Iwa's POV~

I went home after a while and checking out the book 'Cinder'. "Hajime? Is that you?" "Yea Mom." I replied and walked into the living room after taking my shoes off.

"How was school honey?" She asked, "It was alright. I went to the library after school, so my homework's done." I sat down next to her. "That's good. Want to continue our conversation from yesterday?" I nodded my head.

"When did you realize the feeling?" She asked. "Maybe a while ago? But I realized what it was yesterday when doing homework with Oikawa." She smiled, "How?" "I called him beautiful in my head and then started to blush." "Aww~ How cute~" "Mom!" She started laugh, "What? You finally got a crush! And on your childhood best friend!" She exclaimed, I continued to hide my face.

"Are you going to tell him?" "Nope." I said almost immediately. "Why not?" She asked looking confused. "He's straight mom. He's always surrounded by so many girls at school at school. There's so many." I told her, "Oh...but you never know Hajime. It could be an act." I shook my head, "It's not. He gets asked out by them almost everyday, and he always says yes." (you wish that was you huh?)

"Oh honey, you never know until you try." She said getting up. "I know." She smiled, "I'm going to get dinner ready. Please set up the table." "Alright." I stood up and went to set the table.

When should I tell him? What about never? We're to busy with volleyball to actually date. And his fangirls might actually kill me if they found out...

.
.
.
.
.

After dinner I went into my room and tried falling asleep. What came up? Was it another date? Or was it something important? Why am I worrying about this?! Go to sleep! But I can't!

~3rd Person~

Iwaizumi groans before moving to his side. Why didn't Oikawa specify what came up? Was he hiding something? Iwaizumi continued to think about why Oikawa didn't specify before finally falling asleep a while later.

~The next Day~ (Friday)

Iwaizumi woke up and got ready for school. Nothing unusual, he just got a text from Oikawa saying that they couldn't walk to school together today.

>Oikawa<
Sorry Iwa~Chan, but we can't go together today.
Sorry!

Iwaizumi
What happened?

Oikawa
I'll tell you later!

Iwaizumi threw his phone onto his bed before getting dressed. Why couldn't they walk together again? Was he coming late? Or was he walking with someone else? Oh well...

He walked to school while listening to 'When I Grow Up" by The Pussycat Dolls. (It's a good song 😌💅🏼✨)

He was humming the song when he got to the gym. "Morning guys." He said walking into the locker room. "Morning Iwaizumi." Makki said. "Hey, where's Oikawa?" Mattsun asked, "I don't know actually." Mattsun looked at Iwaizumi with a questioning look, "And he didn't tell you?" Iwa shakes his head, "Nope. Not one clue." "Good morning everyone!" Oikawa exclaimed running into the locker room. "About time pretty boy got here." Mattsun said. "Sorry sorry. A girl kept me longer than normal." Oikawa said changing into his uniform.

Iwa continued to hum the song from earlier before Oikawa spoke again, "What's the song you're humming? It must be really good if you're humming it." "Uh...I don't know actually. I heard it a while ago and I don't remember the name." He lied, Oikawa pouted, "Aww...Anyways, wanna head to the library after school today?" Oikawa asks the shorter one, "Sure." Iwa responds before the two start to practice.