Cederic Diggory (Part One)

(So I originally had a different story with Cedric in it, but I decided to rewrite it. Hope y'all like this one!)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

You were sitting alone in The Great Hall, when you saw your owl fly in and drop a letter off at your plate. That was strange you rarely ever get letters since you don't have anyone that would write to you. But under closer examination you saw that the wax seal was your family crest. That's when you felt all the blood drain from your face.

You rushed outside and ran behind a tree sinking to the ground with the letter in your hands. When you read it, it said that your father wanted you home for Christmas this year, and to come home on the train from Hogwarts.

No. No, no, no, no, no, no. Your mind flashed back to the nights where he would hurt you. Punching and kicking you to the floor, and then torturing you with the Crucio curse till your throat was raw from screaming and your body gave out. You had found a safe place in Hogwarts, where he couldn't reach you.

You felt tears prickle in your eyes, and you wiped them away. You would be alright you told yourself. Slowly you stood up and walked back to your dorm, where you packed your trunk.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Today was the day you were leaving Hogwarts for winter break, and you stood outside next to the train waiting for them to let people on. The letter was tucked inside your robe, and it felt like it was burning a hole in your pocket.

You let your mind drift to the dark place where your father hurt you. You could hear your own cries for help echoing inside your head. You felt the scars on your body as if they were fresh.

Suddenly you couldn't do it anymore. You felt the tears start dripping down your face. You couldn't go back. You were scared. Your breathing became irregular and it felt like you were swallowing water not breathing air.

"Dear are you alright?" Mrs McGonagall asked when she saw the state you were in.

"No! I can't go back he'll hurt me! Please don't make me go back! I can't! I CAN'T!" You sat down and curled yourself into a small ball with covering your head with your hands while you sobbed. By now all the students that were also waiting for a train, turned to look at you.

"Dear I'm going to need you to come with me." She grabbed your hand and pulled you up walking you briskly away towards her office.

Once y'all were there you told her that your father hurt you, but you wouldn't tell her any details. You were afraid that if you did he would come after you.

"Wait here dearie. I'll be right back," she said quietly before she left.

You sat there in the room about 5 minutes silently crying before she came back in with Dumbledore behind her and a boy you had seen around school. The two adults sat in front of you while the boy took a seat against the wall behind them.

"Y/n," started Dumbledore, "How long has this been going on?"

"Ever since my mom died," you responded quietly.

"And when was that?" he pressed.

You hung your head low and whispered, "I was 8 years old."

An astonished silence filled the room. You looked up to see the boy staring at you with concern in his eyes, and looked away quickly.

"Dear? He's been hurting you for 7 years?" McGonagall asked. You nodded your head in shame. "Well that ends today. We have alerted the authorities of this man and he will soon be behind bars."

"Y/n, I can only imagine the pain you have gone through, and will never fully understand the toll it has taken, but Cederic here has been through something similar. He is here to help," said Dumbledore acknowledging the boy with a wave of his hand. "It is obvious that you won't be going back home for the holiday so I suggest you head back to your dorm and get cozy. You're safe now."

You stood up and walked out into the hall feeling numb all over. You had only shuffled a few feet, when you heard footsteps behind you and turned to see the boy.

"Hey, Y/n! I just wanted you to know that I understand what you've gone through. My biological father used to beat me."

You stared silently back at him, not saying a word.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk to me. I'm just here to let you know you got someone to lean on. I know we only just met, but I would like to become your friend if that's ok with you. You can let me know if you need anything."

You nodded your head to show you understood. Then you walked away back to your dorm and fell into a fretful sleep, dreaming about your father coming to get you.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-. 

The next day when you were walking towards the Great Hall you heard someone calling your name and turned to see that boy Cederic jogging towards you.

"Hey, Y/n! I was hoping you could sit with me today. Almost everybody is gone for the holidays, and we could keep each other company. "He looked up at you expectantly, waiting to see your reaction.

You nodded a little shakily, and let him grab your arm and lead you into the Great Hall.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

You had been hanging around Cederic all Christmas break and was starting to actually feel loved.

A/n: If y'all have an constructive criticism, you know I am always trying to improve, so please share it. Also if you enjoy reading my stories please click the vote button.