Oliver Wood (Part One)

(To be honest I had so much fun writing this one. Hope you guys like it. And also how awesome is this drawing of Oliver? )

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Today was the day you had been waiting for. You had been practicing in secret everyday for a whole year trying to get better, and today was the day when you would finally try out to be a Gryffindor chaser. Again.

Hopefully this year would be better than the last. Where you had fallen of your broom because Katie Bell had knocked you aside trying to get the quaffle. The crazy part was you had been on the same side! Lets just say you didn't make the team. Which sucked really bad because you liked Oliver Wood and wanted him to notice you. It was the whole reason you even tried out.

You walked over to the Quiditch Pitch early for tryouts, and see Oliver warming up. You went over to where you're supposed to wait. As you watched him, you caught yourself admiring his concentration. He always seemed to be practicing. You were sure someday he would make an amazing Quiditch player. It also caught your eye how muscled he was as he easily maneuvered the broom left  and right. 

"Oh Y/n you're trying out again this year?" Katie Bell's voice came, as she walked up and sat next you. 

"Yeah. I figured why not try again?"

"Well maybe because you don't take it very seriously." Neither of you have noticed that more people had shown up, or that Oliver had landed. 

"Of course I do."

"I saw the way you played last year and it was sloppy. You even fell off your broom."

"Because you pushed me even though we were on the same side!"

This is when Oliver intervened, "Come on ladies, save the energy for the pitch." 

"Oh hey Oliver," Katie Bell said. "I was just saying we didn't need anyone who wasn't serious enough to try and join the team. We only want those who are actually going to apply themselves" Your grip on the broom tightened till it was almost painfull. 

Katie had obviously had a crush on Oliver. She had asked him out a a month ago, but he turned her down, saying he wanted to focus on Quiditch.

"That's right, but that doesn't mean new talent should be discouraged. Anyways let us begin try outs..." he began a long speech about how the team was going to train this year then separated everyone into teams so they could scrimmage. You were one of the three chasers on team #1, and Katie Bell was a chaser on team #2.

It was time to show her how serious you really were. The game started and the Quaffle was thrown up into the air, where you quickly caught it and did a barrel dive under Katie who sloppily tried unbalancing you from your broom. You dodged two two other chasers and headed straight for the the top goal hoop. You were close, when you suddenly saw a bludger heading straight for you. You swung under your broom, the bludger soaring over you and scored the first point of the game upside down. Your entire team cheered and the two other chasers on your team came up to you.

"Wow that was amazing! Where'd you learn to do stuff like that? I'm Denice by the way?" the first one said. She had short black hair cut in a bob.

"I'm Y/n. I just practiced a lot." You blushed at the complement.

"Yeah I agree that was awesome. You scored in like seconds. I'm Ava." The girl had long curly brown hair tied up in a bun. "We overheard that conversation you had with Katie, and she's in for it now."

"Yeah," Denice said. "Its about time someone put her in her place. Even Oliver looks impressed." You quickly glance at him, and see him with a look that was both intrigued and confused.

Soon you guys flew back into position, ready for the match to once again begin.

Katie got the ball this time and tried to shove past you, but you used your fist to bump the quaffle out of her arms and pass it to Ava. She sped down the pitch and tossed it to Denice who scored. You gave each other fist bumps, and on your way back to your spot, Katie Bell shoved past you on her broom. There was a small twinge of victory in your chest over the fact that you got to her.

The rest of the game went by fast, and soon your team was so far ahead that if you scored one more point it wouldn't matter if they caught the snitch. You zoomed after the ball as it fumbled from the other team's chaser's hands Katie Bell right next to you trying to shove you off. On her last shove you swiftly spun around out of the way and she went flying to the side. You caught the Quaffle and scored the last point your team needed. 

Everyone one was cheering even a few people from the other teaming were clapping. You hugged Denice and Ava, and made plans to hang out with them some more. 

Once again everyone sat down and waited to see who made the team. Oliver started reading the names out: 

"Fred and George Beaters!"

"Harry Seeker! "

"I will be Keeper of course."

"Denice, Ava, and ..." you crossed your fingers and prayed he called your name next and not Katie's. You don't know if you could handle no making the team again, "...Y/n will be the Chasers!"

Everyone who made it started cheering like crazy.

Katie Bell on the other hand threw a fit, "THIS IS BULLSHIT!" she shrieked, storming off and forgetting to grab her padding and broom. Nobody tried to stop her. 

Eventually everyone packed up their things and left, leaving you trying to get the darn zipper on your bag to work. Eventually you gave up and turned to leave.

"Oi Y/n," Oliver said. You felt your heart start beating erratically, as you turned to find him walking towards you. 

"Hey Oliver," you said. Don't freak out. He may just want to talk about quidditch. 

"That was some nice flyin' out there." He looked into your eyes when he said this and a thrill lit up in your stomached.

"Thanks."

"I was wonderin if you'd like to stop by Hogsmead this weekend and talk strategy for the rest of the season. I could really use some ideas on how to play you on the pitch." Your brain didn't fully have time to process what he was saying. Oliver Wood was asking you out. Sort of.

You tried to calm down enough to not sound too eager. "That sounds amazing." Of course you failed.

"Great. Meet me in the common room at... how's 9 o'clock?"

"Perfect." 

"Then it's a date."

You about swooned at his words.

(A/n: If y'all have any things you think I could improve on I am open to suggestions. Also if you liked this chapter please click vote to show your support.)