Harry Potter (Part Two)

(This chapter has now become one of my favorites. Hope you guys like it too.)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

It was finally 10:55 pm. You had waited till all the other girls had fallen asleep to tiptoe out the dorm and slip down the stairs into the common room. You looked around the empty couches and decided to sit and wait for Harry by the fire.

Although the silence was pleasant, it allowed your thoughts to wander to all sorts of different scenarios. What if Harry didn't show up? What if he went to bed laughing at the thought that you'd be waiting into the night for someone who would never come?

In all honesty, you knew Harry would never do such a thing, but your brain continued to fret before a voice whispering your name in the darkness, startled you back to the present.

"Y/n." 

You looked around for its source only to find nothing but the empty common room and its shadows, flickering in the firelight. 

"Y/n," it came again. You sat up more and scooted back into the couch. No one was there, but the voice sounded close. 

Suddenly Harry's head appeared out of nothing and hovered in the air in front of you. You let out a small startled shriek.

"Harry!" you exclaimed. The rest of his body came into view with what looked like the drop of a blanket.

"Sorry," he said crouching down next to you. "I forgot you couldn't see me."

"What happened? Nothing was there and then your head was floating, and-"

"Invisibility cloak." He picked something off of the ground and placed into your hands. You gasped. You hands were gone. You felt a soft silky fabric sliding between you fingers. "Its how me, Ron, and Hermione get around without being caught by Filch."

"Are they coming tonight?"

"No, the cloak can only cover around three people. And even then our feet tend to stick out, so it'll just be us."

"Oh." You pushed down the twinge of excitement you felt at the prospect of you two being alone. It wouldn't do for you to keep allowing such ridiculous happiness to come from simply spending time with a boy who, not two days ago, didn't even know you were in the same house. "We better get going then," you spoke.

The two of you stood up, walking to the common room entrance and slipping under the cloak. You felt yourself blush at how close together you both were standing. Quietly, you and him slipped out of the common room, trying not to wake the snoring lady in the portrait. 

The way to Snape's office was quiet and and a little awkward. Neither one of you spoke, and the only thing that could be heard was the soft sound of your shuffling feet. When you reached Snape's office, Harry reached his wand around your shoulder and unlocked the door with a charm. 

The room was dark and empty. You pointed to the door behind Snape's desk, and Harry nodded before walking that direction. The closet door swung open without a hitch, and the two of you stepped inside. A loud thud sounded as it closed behind you.

You stepped forward, letting the invisibility cloak slip of your shoulders and took a look around. There were rows and rows of strange herbs set in jars along shelves reaching the ceiling. You'd forgotten how big the place really was, and you felt a small seed of uncertainty that you would be able to find the gillyweed. 

Harry turned toward you and whispered, "Do you remember where it is?" You felt you nerves worsen, and hoped Harry couldn't hear them in your reply.

"I'm not sure. I think it was near the back, this way." You gestured down a dark row of shelves and the two of you began looking through shelves and trying to read the labels on jars. Even though it glowed a dark greenish color in the dark, other herbs did the same. It only made the task of finding it harder.