Chapter Twenty three: Think

23

I woke up this morning blissfully happy, I woke up snuggled in Chris's side. I kiss his side and sit up, I look down and remember I'm still naked. I remove the blanket and carefully climb off the mattress. Chris stirs a little bit but doesn't wake up. I stand up and hurry to the bathroom. I quietly close the door and go to the shower, I push back my shower curtain and start the water. I look at the door and see my robe hanging off it. I'll just wear that after I get out.

I stand under the warm water and wash my face. I hear the bathroom door open. I smile to myself then I'm soon joined in the shower. "Good morning." I tell him

"Hmm." He says then kisses my shoulder

My stomach growls and I say "I'm hungry."

"Me too." He kisses the back of my neck and I giggle "I meant for real food. Let's go to breakfast, we haven't done that in long time."

"Any place in mind?" He asks

I think for a minute "Hm, how about pancakes? There's a place about a block away."

"Okay, we can go there."

Chris and I hurried up in the shower, I wanna get breakfast before it gets to late. I blow dry my hair then just leave it. Now that it's getting cold, I need to start dressing warmer again. I put on a grey cable knit crew neck, with a pair of black jeans then my black knee high boots. I grab my purse and walk out to the living room.

I see Chris tucking his shirt in to the black dress pants he wore yesterday. I smile "You make me look so under dressed."

"You look beautiful in anything, baby." He grins at me "I'll change later. I'll match you."

I smile and once he was dressed we headed out. We decided to walk since it was a beautiful fall morning. I hold his hand and we talk about what we should do the rest of the day.

During breakfast, I ordered a stack of Banana nut pancakes. While I eat I look at Chris, I grab my napkin and wipe my mouth. "We should talk about last night. You know about what you asked me."

"Oh, about what I asked you?" He sits back in his seat

"I'm not saying no but I'm also not saying yes either."

"Isn't us getting married something you wanted? I thought that was one of the reasons we broke up."

"It is something I want!" I quickly say "I just I need you to understand what me saying yes means."

"I know exactly what it means, Char." He puts his hands on the table.

"Last time we talked you said I needed to get over the fact that I wanted to get married. Now you're proposing? I just want you to really think this through. Like I said I'm not saying no, I love you and I wanna marry you. I just need you to really truly consider what you're doing. I just wanna make sure that if I say yes that you're not gonna...leave me."

"Fine. I'll think about it." He nods "Even though I know I'm serious about this."

"Then when you truly think about this and are 1,0000 percent sure, I'll scream yes and jump into your arms then give you the biggest kiss you've ever had in your life."

He smiles "I'll hold you to that."

After breakfast we pay the bill then head out. I hold his hand and we walk back towards my place. I hold his arm and he says "I wanted to talk to you about your place. How set are you on keeping it?"

"Hm, not sure. Let's wait to see how we do before I'll need you to buy me out of my lease."

He chuckles and kisses my head. We keep walking and I say "Last night you told James you knew everything about him and to stay away from me. What'd you mean?"