Chapter Eighteen: Rule

18

Lately I've been trying to work out again, on Saturday mornings I've been getting up and using Chris's personal gym. I just do some stretching and some cardio on the treadmill.

Once I was done I got off the treadmill, I grab a towel and wipe my face of any sweat. Chris comes in and says "Wow, I came in at the right time." I giggle "Not quite, you missed me doing my run." I put down my towel.

He smirks "Pity." He leans down and kisses my lips. I kiss him back, I grab his tie in my fist and hold it tightly. He pulls away "I have a few things to do today. You gonna be okay here alone?" He holds me by my waist.

I nod "I'll be fine, did the detectives ever contact you?"

"No, if they want to they'll know where to find me."

"I'm scared, what if they found something?"

"Don't be, baby. I swear on my mother's grave that I didn't have anything to do with O'Connell's death." He kisses my forehead. "I give you my word."

I nod then kiss him again, he kisses me back hungrily. I wrap my arms around his neck and he lifts me off the ground slightly. He breaks our kiss then sets me down, I grin "I love you." He winks at me.

I look at him "So, what was last night? You seemed like you had a bad day."

He shrugs "Same bullshit, new day. I just wanted my woman. That's all." He pulls away "How was that trip you took yesterday?"

"Really great! I got to meet some really cool kids. James and I had fun."

"He's keeping his hands to himself, right?"

I nod "He is. He's a nice guy, shame you guys couldn't have been friends."

"Pfft. Trust me baby, nice isn't the first word I'd think of describing that guy."

"People change, darling." I walk over to the treadmill where I put my water.

I grab it and open the bottle, taking a swig. He looks at me "In my world they don't."

"Never know." I shrug

"You look hot in your little work out clothes."

I giggle and look at him and notice him staring at my chest. I snap my fingers "Hey, my eyes are up here."

He looks at me and says "Your eyes are where ever the fuck I want them to be." He comes forward and picks me up over his shoulder. I laugh loudly and he playfully smacks my ass. He walks out of the workout room and goes our room. He plops me on the bed and climbs on me. He kisses me and I kiss him back putting my hands in his hair. I absolutely love touching his hair for some reason.

He pulls away and says "As much as I'd like to, I've gotta go. We'll finish this tonight."

I whine "Now you've got me all excited, for what?"

"You're a big girl. I think you can handle it." He pecks my lips then gets up.

I sit up "Where you going anyway?"

"Just some meetings. I have a business deal that might be losing some traction. The person I'm working with is in Portland and I may have to go there. I'm trying not to though."

"If you do, let me know?"

"Of course baby. I'll see you later. Have a good day." He turns around and heads out.

I lay flat on the bed and sigh loudly. I look around looks like I've got the place to myself! I get up and walk around, I don't know what what I should do. I should probably get some work stuff done myself. I know I have some notes to write up. I wonder what Max is up to today, I know his arm is still broken so I don't think he's up to much. Maybe he'll come keep me company?