Chapter Nine: Charm

9

I've come to really like dressing up for these galas, the dresses I get to wear are always so gorgeous. Tonight's possibly my favorite one he's picked. I like wearing dresses I know he likes.

Malcom took me to Chris's place while he's in his appointment with Nancy. When I got to his place, I hopped in the shower. It was so hot today so I wanna make sure I don't smell like sweat. I decided to shower in Chris's shower, I'm sure if he gets home soon he'll appreciate it.

I wash everything and shave my legs, making sure I look perfect for tonight.

I get out of the shower and dry myself off. I put on my silk baby pink robe then walk over to the sink. I open the drawer and take my comb out. I start combing through my hair and I hear Chris in the bedroom.

"Baby?" I call out

He walks in the bathroom "Evening, Darling." He comes over and kisses my lips.

"How was your session?"

"Good." He grins "I'm gonna shower. We gotta get going in about an hour." He walks over to his shower and starts the shower. I see him start undressing and I blush.

"Do you like the dress I picked?" He asks me while taking his dress shirt off.

"It's gorgeous, thank you." I smile

"You're welcome, you're gonna look beautiful in it." He unbuckles just belt

I finish combing my hair then say "I'm gonna blow dry my hair now."

He steps in the shower once he's undressed "Go ahead. I'll be out in a moment." He closes the shower door

I grab my blow dryer then plug it in. I start blow drying my hair, and sneaking looks at my gorgeous man.

After my hair's done, I put it in a loose plait braid. It's so warm out that I don't have any interest in doing something intricate. I do light makeup, only really doing my face and some liner and lashes. I try picking a lipstick, I choose between a deep red and a nice taupe.

Chris gets out of the shower and wraps a towel around his hips. I look at him "Hey baby? Which one?" I hold up both lipsticks

"You'd look lovely in either." He dries his hair with a towel

"Sure, but which one are you more willing to be covered in?"

He raises his brows at me "Taupe. The red stains."

I smile "Thank you, darling." I put the taupe lipstick on.

I walk out of the bathroom and walk over to the bed, where I laid the dress. I open the dress bag and take it out. I smile to myself then unzip the dress. I step inside it and I pull it on my body.

Once I was in the dress, I walk over to the full length mirror. I smile at my reflection, he picked out a black floral and ladder lace gown. It's a slim fit dress with a sweetheart neckline. The wide shoulder straps are tied into large bows that rest on my shoulders. I look at the lace designs on the skirt, it's decorated with a polka dot fil-coupe. Underneath I'm covered with a beige half insert. The dress's absolutely incredible.

I look at the tag on it and choke. "4,900" I read out loud. Chris comes in the room, fixing his bow tie "What was that, darling?"

"You paid 4,900 for this dress?"

He shrugs "I don't remember, is that what the tag says?"

"Mmhm. Christopher, that's a lot of the money. Someone could use that as a nice down payment on a car. Not a dress."