Chapter Eight: Open

8

Chris started seeing Nancy a few days ago and I'm trying hard not to be nosey. Before his session with her the other day, Nancy pulled me aside and told me I'm not to butt in. Just because I'm seeing him and that I work with her, doesn't mean I get to break protocol and ask about his sessions. Which I'm completely fine with, I'd rather ask Chris how he's doing with it than her anyway.

Tonight I'm supposed to have dinner with him at his place. We're starting that separate sleeping arrangements thing. We've decided that I'll stay with him till he's asleep then I'll make my way to the guest room. Sure, I'll miss sleeping in the same bed as him but it's for my safety and his.

Max has already made his thoughts about tonight clear, he's not happy about it. I understand why but, if Chris is showing effort of going to his therapy appointments then I need to work with him. I told him I'm only staying for the night, just to try this whole thing out. Usually I'd be gone for at least a week, maybe more.

I walk down the hall to my office from the restroom. I go back in and close the door behind me. I sit at my desk and start typing notes about my last client. I hum quietly to myself, I wanna finish these notes before my next client gets here. I look at the time and realize I may not have the time. I groan to myself and type faster.

Usually I wouldn't mind bringing home work, but since I'm going to Chris's place tonight I wanna be completely free. I reach over and grab my water bottle. I open it then take a sip, I close the bottle then put it back on the floor. I start typing my notes again and before I know it, my next client gets here.

After work I walk around Chris's living room barefoot. I look over at him pouring us glasses of wine. "Why do you have tile in your living room? It must be freezing in the morning."

He looks at me "It came like that, I didn't wanna spend more money changing something I don't own. Now if I owned a house? I would put carpet in." He walks over and hands me my glass of wine

"Would you ever move? I can't picture you living in a house."

"I've thought about it. I always figured live your single life in an apartment or loft. Buy a house when you have a wife."

"I thought you weren't one for marriage?"

He shrugs "Who knows? Looks like I'm doing a lot of things I never thought I'd do." He grins "Let's eat on the balcony? It's a nice night."

I nod "Sure!"

He kisses my forehead then goes to the kitchen.

While we eat, I watch the cars from below. Chris looks at me "I'm surprised with you."

I look at him "About?"

"You haven't asked me about seeing Nancy."

I grin "Patient confidentiality, it's not my business to know." I take a sip of my wine "Although, I'd love to listen if you're willing to share."

He chuckles "Well, I like Nancy. She's a sweet woman. She's able to get me to talk in circles, makes me see things I didn't before. Not many people can do that with me. She prescribed me a medication that I need to take before bed."

"How do you feel about taking medication? I've never really asked you about that."

"It'll take some time getting used to but, if it keeps you safe then I'm willing to try."

I grin then hold his hand "Thank you, that's all I wanted."

He gives my hand a gentle squeeze "I'm gonna miss you in my bed."

"I know, it'll only be for a little while. Plus I'll be there before you fall asleep."

He nods "I don't want you to feel..I guess forced to share a bed with me."

Sense Of Restraintजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें