Chapter Two: Boundary

2

I've been dreading this afternoon since the minute I woke up. I don't wanna go talk to the detectives today, I don't have anything to hide but the thought of it's making me sweat. Telling my childhood trauma to someone isn't something I'd like to do today.

I sit on the edge of the bed once I'm dressed for work. Since I'm wearing a dress today, I need to put some lotion on my legs. I reach over to the nightstand and grab my lotion. I put some in my hand then start working it into one of my legs.

Chris comes out from his shower with his towel wrapped around his hips. He goes to his dresser and takes out a pair of his boxers. He turns to me "I wish I could be there with you today."

"I wish you could be too." I rub lotion into my other leg "When do you leave again?"

"Tomorrow morning." He comes over to me and kisses my head

"And for how long?"

"I'll be back the night after the next."

"I wish I could go with you."

"I do to, but there wouldn't be much for you to do. You'd be bored in a hotel room all day."

"You wouldn't want me in bed waiting for you while you're in your meetings?"

"Well when you put it that way." He trails off

"I could be a big help." I start kissing his stomach and I pull his towel off his hips. Letting it fall to the floor

He chuckles "I'm sure you would be." He puts his hand on my head

I notice I left some lipstick marks on his skin "Oops. My bad, I'll get it." I start softly licking one of them

He groans "Fuck, baby."

I kiss his one of his hips and he rubs my head. "What're you doing to me sweet girl?"

I look up at him and shrug "Just marking you as mine."

Chris held my hand during the car ride to work. I look out the window and watch the other cars. He looks at me "Next Tuesday, I was given three tickets to this art gallery opening that I donated to. I'd like to bring you and do you think Max would like to come?"

I look over at him "Possibly, would definitely suit him well to get out of the apartment."

"You guys decide on wether you're gonna move or not?"

"I didn't get a chance to talk to him about it. I totally forgot about it last night."

"What time are you done tonight? I'd like to see you."

"Not till six."

"Great. We'll pick you up then go to dinner."

"What time do you leave tomorrow morning?"

"I need to be out of the house by six."

Malcom pulls up to my job and I unclip my seatbelt. I turn towards him "Have a lovely day, Mr.Cerulli."

"You too, Miss Montgomery." I lean in and kiss him.

He kisses me back softly, he pulls me on his lap. I straddle his lap and I sit on his thighs. He grips my hips, I force myself to stop "We'll finish this tonight."

"I'm gonna hold you to that."

"I know you will." I smile "I love you."

He grins and winks at me. I hold his face and peck his lips then climb off him. I get out of the car, shutting the door. I walk up to the door and go inside. I see Laura talking to the new receptionist, Christine.