Chapter forty-nine ~ Hollis

Start from the beginning

Under the big window, there was a changing station/dresser and a rocking chair next to it. Throughout the room were miscellaneous things like books on the gold floating shelves and clothes tucked away in closets.

 Throughout the room were miscellaneous things like books on the gold floating shelves and clothes tucked away in closets

I was really proud of this room, it was probably my favorite in the house.

I was sitting in Luke and I's bed, right now. This room was coming together too, actually. It wasn't completely done, there was a bunch of boxes in the corner of the room but it was looking good. This room wasn't really my biggest focus right now anyway.

I was laying in bed, going through emails on my laptop while Waco was cuddled at my feet. I couldn't really get up whenever he laid down on me. He had grown so much since we adopted him which was insane.

Everything was happening so fast and it was so bittersweet.

I heard Luke coming up the stairs, I leaned up as much as I could.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to head out in a few." He said, as he sat down at the end of the bed.

Luke had another game this weekend, it wasn't too far away this time, though. He was flying out today, playing and then flying back later tonight. Hopefully, he'd be back here around midnight.

I sighed, shutting the laptop, "Alrighty. Are you all packed up and everything?"

I watched him as petted Waco, Waco was loving the attention.

"Yeah, everything's good to go." Luke confirmed, "Not that I needed to pack much." 

I nodded.

"The nursery's looking good." He grinned.

I smiled, "I know. I just need to get a few more things today and it's good to go."

"Everything's starting to feel so real." He admitted, "Like the fact that we're gonna be parents is starting to sink in."

My smile became bigger, "We're gonna be parents any day now."

"It's insane. Absolutely insane."  He commented.

I watched Waco get up and leave the room. Even as I couldn't see him anymore,  I could hear his paws tapping against the wooden stairs.

"What do you think you're gonna do for the day?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

"Oh you know, the usual. I'm hoping to tackle the kitchen and maybe go to the store, we still need things like towels." I explained, "Maybe go on a walk with Waco."

"Careful with all that." He warned, "Wouldn't wanna induce labor while I'm gone."

I laughed but couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. He had a good point though, that wouldn't be good at all.

"I'll try to take it easy." I reassured him.

"Okay." He said, leaning over towards me. 

He kissed me on the the lips, "I should start getting on the road. Don't wanna miss the flight."