Epilogue

After the battle the twins had gone out and told the people about Ladomir's defeat. The people had cheered and for the first time in a long time they came to life.

Alice and Gart had gone home to tell their mother and bring her back. She had been so relived and happy for her children to be safe and for the kingdom to be out of evil hands. When they got back Rosa took her place as queen again. 

The kingdom got their land and resources back. Everyone pitched in to fix the town and clean it. Now the town was bright, clean and beautiful.

Rosa had tried to teach Alice and Gart how to run the kingdom and Alice loved it, she was by her mothers side at all times learning. Gart on the other hand hadn't wanted to learn anything about ruling. He wanted to help the people restore the town. And he had.

Four years later...

Alice woke up early. Today was her coronation and she didn't want to spend all day getting ready for it. She quickly got dressed in a simple white dress and rushed out of the palace.

She walked through the town towards Calix's and Micah's place. People calling good morning to her as she passed. She called back to them with a wave. When she got to their place she knocked on the door and didn't have to wait long before it swung open and reveled Calix. "Hello Alice."

"Hi Calix! Are they back yet?"

"They haven't arrived here yet, they might be just arriving at the gates though."

"Thanks Calix!" Alice called already rushing down the stairs.

"I'll see you later!" Calix called after her.

Alice made her way down to the gates and found that a carriage was pulling up. She waved at it for it to slow, and it made its way to a stop in front of her. "What's going on?" A  head popped out of the window in the door.

"Gart!"

"Alice? Alice!" The head turned her way and disappeared. The door swung open and Gart hopped out, colliding with Alice. They squeezed each other.

"It's so good to see you! How was the honeymoon?" Alice asked as they parted.

"It was great, you should've seen the lake."

Another person exited the carriage. "Hi Alice." Fie greeted.

"Hi Fie! Did you have fun?" 

"Of course. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"I didn't want to be stuck inside all day, and I had something to ask you."

"Me?" He asked.

"Yes. I need another royal advisor and I was wondering if you would like to take that place. I trust you and your family and it would mean a lot to me."

"Really? Are you sure you want me?"

"I'm sure."

Fie looked towards Gart, and Gart gave him a smile and a nod. "Yeah okay, I'd love to."

"Really? Thank you so much!" Alice ran and hugged him, pulling Gart into the hug too. "Okay, now I have to go. I'll see you both later!" She let them go and started to jog away.

***

"Are you ready?" Calix asked.

Alice looked at herself in the mirror. Her white hair flew freely down her back with little braids at the front. Her ember eyes seemed to glow with the makeup making them stand out. Her dress came down to her knees and had a tail in the back that went down to her shins. Her dress shone the color of turquoise gems. "I'm ready."

Calix helped her off the stand and walked with her towards the door. She opened the door and Rosa stood on the other side. She wore a black dress to honor her husband. In her hands she held Alice's crown and held it out to Alice. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks mom." She took the crown and put it on.

"Lets go introduce the people to their new queen." Rosa held out her hand and together they walked out.