Prologue

Rose stood stuck between her husband, her kingdom and her children. Her husband had told her to get the kids to safety, to raise them so they could come back and save it when they were older, and then he rushed off to go die.

Her kingdom needed its Queen. Needed her to lead them and keep them safe, but the prophecy had said the kingdom needed to fall to grow.

Her children need to survive this. They were so young and already their lives had been ruined. She needed to get them out of here and raise them so they could come back.

Rosa stared at the door her husband had left through. She could hear the bangs and clangs of swords clashing together. A voice yelled out in pain and Rosa knew it was her husband. She turned to run to him but stopped herself. Her children... but her husband was her life. She looked between where her husband was and where her children were.

She had to be smart.

The prophecy had said he would die and there was no stopping that.

She turned her back on her husband and rushed out of the room, tears rolling down her cheeks. She raced to the room where her children lay in their caskets, crying out for comfort.

"Shh." She picked up Alice and rocked her in her arms. "It'll be okay." She then went to her other child and picked him up. "Everything will be alright."

She looked over her shoulder. The clashing and banging was over.

A cry threatened to rip out of her. But she stopped it. She need to get out of here before he could get her children.

She ran out of the room and out in the hall. She dash through them with urgency she had never felt before. She stopped when she reached a picture of their family. She didn't bother glancing at it, it would just waste time if she did. Instead she placed one of her children on the ground and felt for the latch on the side of the frame.

Pop!

It opened.

She picked up her child and slipped through the passages and out of the castle.

She run far away. Not looking back until she was atop a hill aways a away. She knew she shouldn't. That it would only cause her pain. But she looked back.

A sob ripped through her. One that she couldn't stop.

Her kingdom should have been a small fleck on the horizon. But it wasn't. It was alight with flames. Her eyes went right towards it.

"No," she whispered. Tears spilled from her eyes. This can't be how her kingdom ends.

Cries brought her out of her thoughts. She looked down to the two little beings in her arms. The ones that forced her to flee her kingdom instead of fighting for it. The ones who are destined to save it.

She took a deep breath and turned away from her kingdom. She would be back. This wasn't the end. Her children were foretold to save them all.