Chapter 12

Here is a drawing of Fie that my friend AutumnLynn24 drew! He is so cute! I love how you drew him!

--

"You look lovely." Calix said as she fixed the skirt of Alice's dress.

Alice stood in front of a mirror on a platform. She wore a blue floral floor length dress. The blue was baby soft and there was a layer of see through fabric over top of it that had white little daisies. The sleeves hung over her shoulders and showcased the freckles that gathered there.

Her hair was up in a tight bun that pulled some of her hair and she couldn't find what hair it was pulling. Intertwined with her hair were some white daisies that matched the ones on her dress. She also had a little makeup on that made her face brighter.

"Really? It's so uncomfortable." Alice said, running her hand on the underside of her hair.

"Stop that." Calix smacked Alice's hand. "Take compliments."

"This isn't how I envisioned this going." Alice said as she spun around on Calix's finger command.

"Your wedding announcement or saving the kingdom?"

"A little of both but mostly saving the kingdom." Alice held still as Calix went about fixing some spots.

"Nothing every goes as planned and you just have to prepare for it. You're done." Alice stepped off the platform and faced Calix.

"Have you seen Gart yet?"

"As a matter of a fact I have."

"How is he?" Alice asked, leaning forward onto her toes.

"He is well." Alice let out a relived breath. "I'll come and get you when I am told to. Don't ruin your dress." Calix waved a finger in front of Alice's face. "Or hair."

"I won't." Alice said with a small smile, and then Calix was gone and Alice was left alone.

She walked over to the window and placed her hands on the ledge. She gazed out the window and saw the people starting to gathering to the castle. They walked in groups and even though Alice couldn't see out the window well or hear anything she had a feeling everyone was silent.

Over their heads seemed to be a cloud. Not an actually cloud but Alice could see the emotions hovering over them. Some fear, some sadness, all the emotion negative.

Right then and there Alice realized how much these people needed to be saved. Not just from the king but from themselves. They'd all be told what to do for so long and they didn't stop to care for themselves. They were soul-less, mindless. Waiting for an order from queen bee.

She didn't know how to fight but surely fighting wasn't all that she needed to save the kingdom. She had Gart and Calix, Alac when she found him, and maybe even Fie if he was telling the truth about wanting to fight.

She would find a way to save the kingdom without fighting. Some might need to get hurt but only if it was necessary.

A knock snapped Alice out of her thoughts and she turned to find Calix sticking her head in.

"It's time."

***

Alice, Fie and King Ladomir stood on the balcony that overlooked the courtyard. The courtyard was filled with the citizens. All their faces were turned upward and staring at Alice and Fie.

When Alice had first walked onto the balcony Fie had looked at her, his eyes had being shining but his mouth was in a tight line. "You look beautiful." He said and he held out his hand. She had taken it, fearful of what would happen if she didn't.