Chapter 19

Knock knock knock!

The door opened and reveled Fie's face. "Gart?"

"Can I come in?" 

"Of course." Fie opened the door and Gart stepped in. Together they went to the bed. Gart turned to Fie. "I think we need to talk." Gart told him.

"About what?" Fie asked, a confused look on his face.

"About you and Calix."

Fie narrowed his eyes. "There is nothing to talk about."

"Obviously there is. Why are you so mad at her?"

Fie looked away. "I don't want to talk about it." He said, pronouncing each word strongly.

"Fie.."

He didn't answer and when Gart gave up on getting an answer Fie started to whisper.

"She was the first one I came out to..... both about my sexuality and my powers." Fie looked at Gart. "The next day my father came into my room and said; Fie my boy, we could put your powers to use. And then as he was leaving he said; At least you have some sense. And I knew, I knew he knew."

"How?" Gart asked, he had a feeling he knew how.

"Calix and dad got drunk that night and she claims she," -Here he puts air quotes- "accidentally spilled it to him."

"I'm so sorry Fie."

"She betrayed my trust! I wasn't ready for him to know! I thought I- I" Tears start to ran down his face. Gart reaches over and grabs him.

After holding Fie for awhile he starts to snore. Gart lets out a chuckle and smiles. He gently moves Fie so his head is resting on his pillow. "Goodnight Fie." He says kissing the top of his head.

"Goodnight Gart."

Gart left the room and closed the door behind him.

***

After everyone had gotten enough sleep and everyone was up they gathered around Micah's dining room.

On the table in front of each person sat their lunch, but no one was focused on that. Their focus was on Alice. When they had first sat down to eat Alice had said she had a plan in mind, now she sat telling them about it. She kept glancing at Gart for his support and each time he gave her a nod and a small smile.  "What do you think?" She asked when she was done.

Everyone looked at each other. "I like it," Said Micah. "But how do you plan to get in?"

"That's where Calix comes in."

"Me?"

"Yes. Are you still able to get in the castle?"

"I mean, well, maybe? I still have my keys but I don't really know if I'll be let in." She laughed nervously.

"Of course you'll be let in," Fie piped in. "You're the head maid, everyone is lost without you."

Gart couldn't tell if he was been sincere or not and by the looks on everyone else's faces he wasn't the only one. "We'll just have to take that chance." Alice said, still eyeing Fie.

"Where are we going to get the weapons? And where are you and Gart going to learn to fight with swords?" Fie asked.

"I have swords in my cellar and I'll be teaching them, would you care to join us?" Micah answered Fie. 

"Learn? I already know how."

"No, teach."

Fie brightened. A smile grew on his face and his eyes widened. "I'd love to!" Micah gave a small smile and nodded. Gart looked between the two and smiled. He was glad that Micah was warming up to Fie.