Chapter twenty five

Dean dreaded being back in Hell a second time, but at least now he wasn't chained up or being tortured. Azazel had gotten quite displeased when his king gave orders to have be kept alive. Not only that but he also ordered to have any wounds treated and proper meals. The only thing that made Azazel grin was when he got to lock Dean up.

"You took such good care of my king, I should thank you, " Azazel said as he pushed Dean into the cell. Dean hadn't fought against him at all but that was only because Azazel was instructed not to harm him. Dean wasn't stupid he knew that attacking a prince of Hell while he was restrained and an army of demons. Would only result in his death, so even as the demon locked the door in front of him. He gave the demon a cold glare and told him to screw himself. "I have no idea why my King wants you alive but when he changes his mind I will kill you, " Azazel declared with a snarl.

"Like I said to you before go screw himself," Dean responded turning his back to the demon. He stared at the wall and remained silent as Azazel walked away. He had to find a way out of here, Lucifer was going to take over Heaven if he didn't do something. He kept telling himself that ending this whole thing was easy he just needed an angel blade, and Lucifer would die. But Dean knew he would never be able to do it. All he would see if the young kid he rescued and grew so close to, that he considered him a son.

Lucifer's attack was unexpected, he used his powers to disguise himself so that the other angels wouldn't recognize him. Then once he saw God he made his move and attacked him. But he was no match for his almighty father, and as his angel blade lay motionless on the floor. God pinned Lucifer against the wall.
"You had to know that was pointless, " God said to him.
"Well you can't blame me, you sealed away in Hell, " Lucifer responded.
"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Sam, " God confirmed. "You only think you're Lucifer but my son would never come and attack me on his own, " he continued.

"Who said I came alone?" Lucifer asked and grinned. "My army is approaching here as we speak, and I will take what should have been mine long ago," he declared freeing himself. Then used his wings to knock God over, it didn't do much damage. But he kept doing it until he had managed to tire his father out.
"You won't get away with this, Dean will stop you, " God said as he struggled under Lucifer's grip. The angel was keeping him from standing back up with his grip, similar to what he did with Michael. God fought against him hard as Lucifer's grace couldn't hold him long.

"Dean is on my side, he will stay with me in Hell forever, " Lucifer responded. "If I could I would seal you away to show you how that felt, but I am no idiot I know I can't defeat you, " he continued letting him go.
"Then why bother coming here?" God asked. "I know who you really are, and you're not Lucifer, " he continued.
"You said that already and I'm pretty sure I am, " the angel answered and picked up his weapon. "I don't really want this place anymore, you can keep it I'll just take earth," he continued.
"You know I can't allow that, " God responded.

"I know and that is why I'm trapping you here, " Lucifer said and his glowed bright red and for a few seconds, white chains appeared around the room. "See you, " he said with a grin before teleporting away. His spell had now trapped all the angels and God as well. He was pleased himself even though some part told him this was wrong and that he shouldn't hurt anyone. Azazel was confused when he found out that his King showed the angels mercy. He was the devil, he wasn't supposed to show any. But he didn't dare to question his master's methods.

But as days turned into weeks, Azazel saw that his King had changed. He showed far too much mercy with his prisoners, especially with Dean as he refused to allow any harm to come to him. He also wouldn't shed any human blood, even after his castle was brought to earth. When two young girls and a boy, who Azazel knew from Brady as Jessica, Sarah, and Barry. Snuck into the castle and then Lucifer's room. Azazel called for the execution as they were trespassing, but his king refused to harm them as well.
"Where are you taking them?" Lucifer demanded to know. He wasn't even angry his friends showed up just surprised.

"To the gallows, they will be executed, " Azazel responded.
"I will not executive children Azazel!" Lucifer yelled. "They didn't do anything wrong, "
"My king with all due respect you have shown far too much mercy, " Azazel said. "First you spare a human, who is Michael's vessel, " he continued. "Then you spare our enemies in heaven and show sympathy for humans," he kept going. "The creatures you always said were beneath you, " he finished.
"Don't question me Azazel, I order you to set them free, " Lucifer demanded.

"They snuck in and must be punished, I will do what I must, " Azazel said.
"Azazel if you don't call this off right now they may be you're not fit to be my right-hand man, " Lucifer threatened. Azazel obeyed but still had the children looked up in Dean's cell. The three were horribly frightened and Dean was shocked to see them down here.
"Oh my gosh, what in the world are you three doing down here?" Dean asked as the two girls hugged him for comfort.
"We wanted to see Sam and convince him to bring the angels back, " Barry said.

"We thought if we told how much we missed him, he would go back to being him," Jessica cried. Dean let her cry into him because he wanted Sam back as well, but he was never able to speak to him. Azazel never let any of the prisoners see his king and Dean kept telling himself, if could just out of here then he could try to reason with Sam. Or whatever was left of him, maybe the kid had been Lucifer the whole time. But he knew that Sam wasn't evil, just because he was the devil reborn. He would be the monster Dean had spent the last four years of his life detesting, if he choose to be.

"I know it doesn't seem like it but everything will be okay," Dean promised them.
"How can you be sure?" Sarah asked.
"Because I have faith, " Dean answered. If this were to have happened years ago, he never would have said those words. Until he knew that his brother was really an angel, he never believed in any higher power. His life just seemed too rough for something like that. But learning the truth changed him, he knew now that angels were warriors of Heaven as well as peacemakers. They weren't like Uriel who saw only black and white, they loved humanity and protected them.

Michael protected all humans and fought against evil, Gabriel delivered the good news, Raphel helped the sick and injured, Metatron wrote the word of God and kept humans informed of his teachings. They all had their parts to play but Dean also learned something else. Specifically, he learned it from Castiel, God himself didn't solve every problem that someone had. It wasn't because he didn't care, it was because he wanted humans to grow and learn. As any father would, he knew he couldn't let his children stay young. Dean wished he knew that a long time ago but he knew it now, and somehow someway he would get out of here and get Sam back. Not just his kid, but his brother as well.