Chapter eight

"Is there no way to track him?" Dean asked after Castiel told him that a human couldn't find an angel.
"No the only way for a human to speak to an angel is through prayer, " Castiel explained. Dean huffed in annoyance he didn't want to do that but he would if he had to.
"So I just have to pray and he'll appear?" Dean asked.

"Yes but that method doesn't always work, the simplest way is for me to go find him, " Castiel answered.
"I don't like this, I should be the one to find him, " Dean argued. While he was beginning to trust Castiel, he had to be cautious. He still didn't know if the angel was truly an ally.
"Dean only another angel can find an angel, I sense that you have doubts about me, but I assure you I only want to help, " Castiel said before flying off leaving Dean alone.

Dean sat down on the ground and reflected on the day's events. There was still the elephant in the room of how he was going to explain this to his dad. John would probably think he's crazy and send him to some nut house. Maybe it's time he reconsidered Sam's idea of running away and getting a place of their own. Before he could think about it for too long, the sound of wings flapping came from behind him. Dean sat bolt up hoping that it was Sam or Castiel, but it wasn't. Instead, it was another angel dressed in a dark business suit that matched the color of his skin. He also carried a long dagger in his hand.
"Dean Winchester, we need to talk, " the angel said to him.

"Okay who are you and why should I care?" Dean asked not willing to just talk with this angel.
"You will show me some respect monkey for I am the angel Uriel!" The angel screamed pushing Dean up against the wall. Dean wasn't phased by it though, he wasn't going to let fear cloud his thinking.
"Again why should I care?" Dean snarked. Call him crazy but he had a feeling that this Uriel was the rogue angel, Castiel had mentioned. Due to the fact that Uriel's weapon still had blood on it.

"Because you know too much, you were never supposed to know about your brother's secret, " Uriel spat into his face.
"Well I do, and if you don't want me slicing your wings off you will stay away from him!" Dean yelled even as Uriel still held him down. Even if Sam was an angel, protecting him was still Dean's job, he was a big brother after all.
"You talk big for a mortal, I could easily smite you into oblivion, " Uriel pointed out holding his weapon to Dean's neck. "You see this blade, it can be used to kill angels, " he continued. "And I used this one to slit your brother's throat, " he finished.

Overcome by rage Dean tried to attack the angel but he was held back. "Oh now you're not going anywhere, your mine now, " Uriel declared and flew off with Dean. Meanwhile, Castiel had managed to track down Sam in his old house. The place was still standing but no one had lived there in years, so no one noticed he was there. Plus Sam could have always cloaked himself to the human eye if someone was living there.
"I thought I might find you here, " Castiel said but Sam didn't look up at him. He was sitting on his mother's old bed and staring at a small picture in his hand.

"I take it Dean sent you after me, " Sam answered. He was still a bit of a wreck from earlier, which was understandable.
"He's worried about you Sam, been trying to find you ever since you took off, " Castiel explained. Sam still didn't move, he couldn't face Dean again yet. Not after what happened, what bothered him the most wasn't being shouted at or being punched. It was the fact that Dean didn't trust him anymore.
"I can't go back, he doesn't trust me anymore, " Sam answered.

"Samuel I hate to say I told you so, " Castiel said trying to help.
"Then please don't say it, " Sam responded.
"While I'm going to anyway, besides would you have reacted any differently to discovering a secret like that?" Castiel asked and Sam sighed in defeat.
"You know Cass this isn't really making me feel better, " Sam pointed out.
"My point is, Dean is your brother and despite what he may have said earlier, " Castiel answered. "This revelation doesn't change how much he cares for you, " he continued.
"But he doesn't trust me anymore, " Sam said.
"As I've observed humans say a lot of things they don't mean when they're hurt or angry, " Castiel told him. "It's your choice or not if you want to listen, " he continued.

Sam took in all these words and then stared back at the picture he was holding. It was an ultrasound picture of him when he was still human. He remembers how simple things were back then, he would enter Dean's dreams and they would bond. There was no neglectful father dragging them into hunting out of grief and rage. No monsters hiding in the dark hurting people. No war against angels and demons. And most importantly there were no secrets, it was just the two of them.
"I've been a complete idiot, " Sam said standing up.

"No, I believe the correct term is that you were blinded by love, " Castiel responded.
"Also true, I need to make this right, where's Dean?" Sam questioned.
"Right where you left him, " and that was Castiel got to say before Sam flew off. "Always on the move, " he said and then flew after Sam. Unfortunately, when they got back Dean wasn't there.
"Dean?" Sam asked looking around for any sign of his brother. But the only thing he saw was Dean's amulet on the ground. Something wasn't right, Dean never took that off.

Sam knew he even slept with it despite Dean denying it many times. It had been a gift to his big brother when they were kids, so to both of them, it was sacred. Sam also felt the presence of another angel, it was faint but another angel had been here. Could they have taken Dean to get his attention? Or worse did they take Dean for information? letters written on the ground were his answer. Looks like you came back too late Samuel if you want your brother back you know where to find me. "Uriel!" Sam exclaimed in anger after reading the message. How dare that angel place his hands on his brother and take him down to hell. "This means war, " Sam declared as his eyes flashed blue and he grabbed his angel blade.