Chapter twenty two

Castiel dreaded what he had to do, but knew he had to do it. Even when Gabriel warned him that  Meg couldn't be trusted and this action could cause him to lose Dean's friendship. The thought saddened him and made what he had to do a lot so much harder. But as an angel, he had to do what was best for the humans. That was his mission to protect humanity. The angel stalled his promise to Meg for almost two whole months. But finally, he couldn't pull it off any longer and he let out a heavy sigh and flew off towards the bunker.

"What's up buddy?" Dean asked as he picked up Sam from school. The young angel was locking quite happy.
"Jess invited me to play at her house today, " Sam told him.
"Oh no Sammy you want to go over to a girl's house already?" Dean joked. "I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that yet, " he continued. Sam laughed at Dean's joke.

"Silly Dean she just wants to play, Sarah is going to be there too, can I go?" Sam asked using his puppy dog eyes that Dean couldn't resist.
"Oh not the eyes, please not the eyes, " Dean pleaded.
"Oh please Dean who I love so very much, " Sam said continuing to use puppy dog eyes. Dean gave in because he couldn't say no to them.
"Okay just make sure her mom brings you back, in two hours, " Dean said. Sam nodded and gave Dean a tight hug. Dean hugged him back because at this point he didn't care if Sam was Lucifer or not. He loved Sam, and his life no longer felt empty.
As long as Sam never know who he really was everything would be okay.

"Jess wait for me, Dean said I could go!" Sam called out running to catch up with his friend.
"I knew he would, do you still have Hope?" Jessica asked. Sam nodded and held up his stuffed moose.
"Never leave home without her, now come along let's go, " Sam said getting into the car with Jessica. Her mom was very nice and smiled when she how well the two kids got along. Jessica had always had trouble making friends because of how smart she was. But Sam wasn't bothered by it in the slightest.

When the pair arrived at Jess's house, Sarah was already there and Sam was happy to see her as well. He was a bit disappointed when both girls played tea party and made him wear a fake crown. But he grew to like it and at least they didn't put any makeup on him.
"Here you go Sam one nice cup of green tea," Jessica said pouring from her empty teapot into Sam's cup.
"Thank you, " Sam said blow on it like there was actual tea in it. He liked this pretend game it was fun.

"No Sam you have to hold your pinky out, " Sarah said as Sam picked up the teacup.
"Umm okay, " Sam said sticking his pinky out. "Am I doing it right?" He asked and the two girls laughed. They both thought he was so cute, and he didn't complain once about this just being a girl thing.
"Yes you are, " Jessica said to him. "Now try these cookies I made them myself, " she continued handing them both small plates.
"Delicious, " Sam said licking his lips.
"Can we play house after this?" Sarah asked.
"Actually I was thinking we could pretend we're camping and share secrets, " Jessica said with a smile.

"How do we share secrets? I thought you couldn't touch them, " Sam said a bit confused.
"It's okay just watch us, " Sarah answered. A few minutes later the trio of friends had used a blanket and a bunch of pillows to make a fort. Sam had no idea that playing could be so much fun. He also was amazed that his two friends told their secrets to each other. Sarah was that she disliked her Dad's art shows and Jessica's was that she didn't really like girl things. After hearing this Sam wondered if he should show the girls his secret.

Dean had always told him that no one could know about his wings or that he was an angel. But his friends told him their secrets and they both promised not to tell anyone. Plus lying to his friends seemed wrong.
"So Sam what's your secret?" Sarah asked. Sam sighed heavily before answering.
"Well I think it's better if I show you, " Sam said unzipping his jacket and taking it off so his wings would show. "I'm an angel, " he said a bit fearful of their response. The two girls were silent for a few minutes before Jessica spoke up.

"Wow your wings are beautiful, " Jessica said being completely honest much to Sam's surprise.
"Can you fly?" Sarah asked equally as amazed by Sam's wings. Sam almost cried realizing his friends still liked him even while he was an angel.
"You two aren't scared?" He asked.
"No angels are so cool, my mommy takes me to church and I learned all about them," Jessica explained.
"My mommy does the same thing, she says angels protect you, " Sarah added on.

"Dean didn't want me telling anyone, he says that no one could know but I didn't want to lie to you, " Sam said.
"We understand and we still like you, " Jessica said with a happy grin. "We promise not to tell anyone, " she promised. The two girls did a pinky promise with him meaning that they couldn't break it.
"Thanks you guys, " Sam said to his friends. "You two are the best, " he added on.
"Are you going to tell the boys?" Sarah asked and Sam thought for a little bit.
"Barry probably but not Brady, my grace tells me that he isn't human, " Sam answered.

"What is your grace?" Jessica asked.
"It's what gives me my powers and sometimes it tells me what's safe or dangerous, " Sam explained.
"Does that mean we can't trust Brady?" Sarah asked.
"I don't know but let's keep this between us three, " Sam answered and the girls did another pinky promise to him. Sam then folded up his wings and put his jacket back on.
"Sam it's time for me to take you home!" Jessica's mother called from downstairs.
"Aww but we were having so much fun, " Jessica said upset her friends had to leave.
"Don't worry I'll see you both tomorrow, " Sam said and ran downstairs.

Jessica's mother happily took Sam home and the young angel was ecstatic to see Dean again. "Dean!" Sam called out rushing towards him.
"Hey buddy, did you have fun?" Dean asked picking Sam up.
"Yes I went to a tea party, " Sam explained.
"Did the girls make you wear jewelry?" Dean jokingly asked.
"No but I wore a crown, " Sam answered.
"I always knew you were a girl, " Dean teased.
"No, I'm not!" Sam defended.

"Your son was very well behaved, he is welcome to come back to my house anytime, "Jessica's mother said to Dean and she drove off before Dean could say anything. Not that he would have said that Sam wasn't his son.
"I'm glad you had fun kid, " Dean said to him.
"Can we play with Hope now?" Sam asked.
"Yes just wait upstairs for me, I'm going to make dinner, " Dean said to him and Sam happily went upstairs. Dean was about to head to the kitchen when he heard the sound of wings behind him.
"Hello Dean, " Castiel said and Dean turned around in surprise.
"Cass?" Dean asked surprised he was here.
"We have a lot to talk about, " Castiel answered.