Chapter three

Dean refused to let Sam out of his sight, even during the next day when he had to explain the situation to his mother. Who was convinced she had lost her mind once she saw her son holding a baby.
"Mommy look I wished for Sammy to come and it came true, " Dean said happily. Mary had no words at the sight, she wondered if this was some kind of trick. She couldn't answer her son and was close to having a panic attack.

'Mommy must not know it's me, I don't like that, I don't want her to be scared, ' Sam thought once he picked the reason on his mother's silence. He pulled on Dean and tried to explain the situation in baby talk. "Mommy I think he's trying to tell you something, " Dean realized. The young boy couldn't understand babble, but he got the feeling that Sam was trying to talk. Sam continued to babble and pointed at his mother.
"I think he wants me to hold him, " Mary said as she approached her two boys. Dean didn't want to let go of Sam, but Sam told him it was okay through more babble. Not like Dean could ever understand it, but he wanted Mary to hold him.

"I don't want to let him go, " Dean admitted and Mary promised to return Sam in a bit. Though she was uncertain of what was happening, the second she had Sam in her hands, she knew it was her baby. Call it her mother's intuition or something stronger, but she knew this was her Sammy. Mary started to cry and Sam wondered what he had done to upset her.
'Mommy please don't cry, I'm sorry for leaving, I didn't want to, Sam said to himself as Mary held him. "Mommy?" Dean asked now also wondering why she was upset.
"I'm okay, I'm just so happy to have both of my boys, " Mary answered. She hugged Sam close to her and after Dean joined in, she vowed to protect them both from that point on.

The two brothers were very happy living with their mother, she spent every second of her day taking care of them, or playing with them. She also spent time attempting to find a job, so she could support them financially. Since John and her were getting a divorce and neither of them had much money, it was a struggle. The brothers also got closer, Sam was Dean's shadow and Dean always wanted him close by. It got to the point that Mary couldn't separate them, and she hoped they would always be this way.

But even the brightest of time can be darkened by tragedy. After six months of happiness, something terrible happened. Mary had just finished putting Sam in his crib, even though he didn't sleep at night. Nights for Sam were spent being taught by Castiel on how to use his powers or to fly. He wasn't having much luck with that, because his wings were still very small. And wouldn't Dean have something to say if he learned about that?
"Goodnight Sam, " Dean said to his brother and kissed Sam on the forehead. 'Goodnight De I love you, ' Sam thought to himself after hearing those words.
"Goodnight love, " Mary said to him and gently touched her baby's face.

Mary left the room shortly after that to put Dean to bed, and Sam stuck his feet in the air waiting for Castiel to appear. But then Sam felt a strange presence in his room, it was the total opposite of an angel. Unlike the light and pure feeling of one, this felt dark and dirty. Sam wasn't sure what it was but he didn't like it and he certainly didn't like it when he saw a dark figure stand over his crib. The figure had yellow eyes and cut his hand attempting to drop blood in Sam's mouth. Sam hated the taste and spit it out, much to the figure's surprise.

Unexpectedly Mary came racing into Sam's room and she recognized the figure as Azazel, the demon she made a deal with. He flashed his yellow eyes at her, angry at being interrupted.
"You what are you doing here?" Mary asked ready to fight him if she had to if it meant saving her son.
"You made a deal with me, and now here I am, to collect my prize, " Azazel answered. Sam listened to this conversation and realized that this figure was a demon, and as an angel he hated demons. They were pure evil and deserved nothing but death.

"I won't let you take my son!" Mary screamed but Azazel was hardly phased by her threat and used his powers to move up the wall and onto the ceiling.
"I warned you that I don't like being interrupted, " Azazel said and then cut her stomach open and her mouth was left in a shocking position. Sam was furious at the scene and knew he had to do something, he had to get Dean so they could escape. But he couldn't let the demon see his angel powers, so his eyes flashed blue and he snapped the Demon's neck.

Sam knew that the demon wasn't dead so he set the room on fire, hoping that the flames would kill the monster that just killed his mom. He cried and Dean came into his room and grabbed him once he saw the fire. Dean sobbed when he saw his mom's body, but he knew he had to leave or he would die too. He ran as fast as he could to the front door, making sure to never let go of Sam. Dean coughed as they made it onto the lawn, and Sam feared that Dean would die so he placed his hand on Dean's chest.
"It's okay Sam, I'm okay, " Dean lied and then coughed again.

You're not okay Dean, you're coughing, you must have breathed some of the fire in. Sam said to himself and let his grace heal Dean. Which immediately stopped his coughing, the four-year-old thought nothing of it and didn't notice that Sam's hand had glowed. "I told you I'd be okay, " Dean said to his brother. The two waited on the lawn for a long time, and eventually, the firefighters came as their neighbors had called 911. After seeing flames coming from the house, unfortunately, the boys were told then that their mother had been burned inside the house. And she was past dead, so there was no saving her.

Dean cried and Sam cried with him, they were too young to be without their mother. After being brought to the fire station, the boys were picked up by their father. Something Sam wasn't happy about it, he already knew that John had walked out on them. So he had no desire to be anywhere near him, but he didn't have much of a choice. Even if he was an angel, he was still a baby and couldn't do much on his own.
"Dean hold your 'brother' and don't talk while I'm driving, " John ordered as he got inside the car. He didn't believe that Sam was really Sam, he was there when the doctors said his son had died. So whoever was in the car with Dean wasn't Sam.

"Yes sir, " Dean said and helped Sam get into his seat. Sam reached out with his finger and grabbed Dean's finger during the ride. He wanted to make sure that Dean never left him, and if that made him selfish then he didn't care. "Everything will be okay Sammy, I'll take care of you, " Dean whispered so his Dad couldn't hear. 'I know Dean, and I will take care of you as well, you're my big brother and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you,'