Chapter thirteen

Up in Heaven Castiel met with the council of archangels along with their father God, or Chuck as he liked to be called.
"Did you manage to discover what the demons were attempting to do? " Michael asked. After hearing everything Castiel had told him, he feared for his vessel and all the humans below.
"No I only managed to destroy the items, " Castiel answered.
"You've done well Castiel but I fear that your actions have only delayed them, " Chuck said.

"Father, what you suggest we do?" Gabriel asked. He had only recently returned to Heaven, as he fled after Michael had to send their brother to Hell. But after witnessing everything Sam went through for his brother, even after Dean found out his secret. The archangel was inspired to return to his rightful place, as the Lord's messenger. Though his mischievous spirit was still intact.
"The demons have tried for many years to one-up me," Chuck answered. "But I can't allow that, if they get their way all of the mortals will be slaughtered, " he continued.

"That can't be allowed to happen, " Raphael said.
"Exactly, my children we must find out what our enemies were attempting, " Chuck answered. "Michael take one of your forces to investigate the area, " he ordered.
"Yes father, " Michael answered.
"Gabriel see if you can find any traces of them, Raphel speak to Metatron we must warn the humans, " Chuck said and the other two angels obeyed. "Castiel keep a close eye on Dean, we will need him if the demons succeed, " he continued.
"Of course, " Castiel responded.

However, when Michael and his forces went to the cleaning, any evidence of the ritual had vanished. It seemed that the demons were making sure to keep their tracks hidden. Something that greatly disturbed the archangel, Sam's sacrifice for his human brother. Had taught many of the angels the importance of their mission. They had to protect humanity, and if one young angel was willing to give his life up for one. Then they all could, something that Uriel failed to realize. What Michael didn't notice was a small child-like shape moving in the nearby bushes. He was frightened by the sight of bigger beings that had wings like him. What if they wanted to hurt him?

"There's nothing here sir but I can still sense the demonic presence here, " an angel said to Michael.
"We must return to Heaven and report our findings, we can't let the demons succeed, " Michael commanded, and just like that the angels vanished. The young child in the bushes jumped again and cried as he felt the thorn bushes prick him in multiple places. He didn't know how he got here or who he was. Maybe someone would help him answer those questions and the others he had.

Dean had received multiple phone calls and letters, from many of his hunter friends. As well as Ellen, Joe, and Bobby. So the next morning when Charlie stopped by the hunter wasn't too surprised.
"Dean, what were you thinking going into the woods alone at night?" Charlie asked scolding Dean as a younger sister would.
"I couldn't sleep and by the way, I'm fine now, Castiel healed me up, " Dean answered. It wasn't that he was annoyed so many people cared about him. But so many people had been dropping in to check on him, that he hadn't been able to make himself breakfast.

"Still you can't just go disappearing on me like that, " Charlie said. "I know things have been rough for you since Sam died, " she said even though she knew that topic was dangerous ground. But she and Dean had been friends for almost four years now, he even helped her get over the loss of her parents.
"That's an understatement, " Dean replied trying to hold back the anger in his voice. He didn't want to yell at her, because she was one of the only people who understood what he was going through.

"I know I shouldn't have brought that up, but Dean you helped me so many times, " she said to him. "Let me help you any way I can, " she continued.
"That's sweet of you kiddo but I'm fine really, " Dean said but it was a lie. He wasn't fine at least not emotionally or mentally.
"Okay but just remember that I'm here for you, and I owe you a favor, " Charlie answered.
"A favor what for?" Dean asked not sure what she meant.
"For saving my life, that ghoul would have eaten me alive, if you hadn't killed it," she told him.
"So if you need anything call me, " Charlie continued and then took her leave.

Dean spent the rest of the day relaxing until he caught a case. A mare was causing nightmares to children in a hospital, it was simple salt and burn job. As the spirit wasn't vengeful just a distressed child who couldn't find her parents or knew she had died. So that night as Dean sat in his chair reflecting on the day, he reached to touch his amulet only it wasn't there. He panicked and searched the entire bunker for it, even called the motel he stayed it to see if it was there. However, it wasn't which meant that he lost it outside somewhere.
"No need to panic Dean, just retrace your steps, " he said to himself.

Dean left the bunker with a flashlight and searched the woods for his amulet. His heart quickened a bit as he approached the spot where he got kidnapped. Sure enough, right next to a ton of bushes lay his amulet. He ran to it and placed the sacred necklace on his neck. He was satisfied and ready to leave when thunder banged in the sky. He jumped in surprise and covered his ears. Dean was ready to head back but a small shriek of fear caught his attention. He wondered if it was an animal or some supernatural creature springing a trap. But in fact, it wasn't, as Dean pulled the branches back he saw a small child with a very familiar face.

Dean's first instinct would be to grab the kid, but his body refused to move. The kid was small and skinny, probably about six or seven years old. He had no clothes on and the thorns had caused many injuries.
He looked just Sam as a kid. Except for the small angel wings on his back and his red eyes. Upon gazing at the kid Dean recalled what the demon had told him about his master Lucifer. Was that what they were trying to do. Gave the devil his own body? Was this Lucifer? Dean forced himself to be wary and the child hid deeper into the bush. Almost as if he was terrified of Dean.

Dean wondered if this was some kind of trick as he knew, the devil was a master at deceit and deception. But after another clap of thunder sounded in the sky, and the tiny angel whimpered with fear. Dean was at a loss for words, Lucifer was supposed to be the incarnation of all evil, and he was afraid of thunder? That didn't make sense at all. Dean also couldn't turn away from someone who looked so much like Sam.
"Shh it's okay I won't hurt you, " Dean said to him and the child hugged him tightly. Yet he refused to speak or let go of Dean. Even when the rain began to fall. "I've got you, kid, " Dean said as he began to walk back to the bunker.