Chapter fourteen

The young angel refused to leave the comfort of Dean's back, even when the two got back to the bunker. Dean was soaked with water and mud, as the thunderstorm had caught him off guard. He figured he should give the kid a bath and maybe something to wear.
"Hey um I'm going to get you cleaned up okay, " Dean said. The angel said nothing and only grabbed him tighter fearful of letting his savior go.

"It's okay kid, I'm not going to go anywhere," Dean told him and it was then that the angel's grip loosened. He brought the tiny angel to the bathroom and turned on the tub. The water was at the perfect temperature and Dean added a few bubbles, hoping that the kid would enjoy them. "Now all you have to do is step in, can you do that?" Dean asked the angel nodded and did as he was told but said nothing. Dean knew he should still be wary as he had no idea if he could even trust the kid. What if the second he let his guard down, he would drop his disguise and reveal himself as the devil.

Moments later the young angel was splashing away amazed by the water and bubbles. Dean couldn't help but smile at the scene as he found it cute. The hunter then began washing all the cuts on the angel's body, so they wouldn't become infected. He also washed all the dirt off until the kid was all clean. Now he needed to grab the first aid kit if that would even help. "Hey umm kid, do you want me to bandage those?" Dean asked but the angel gave him no answer. He still wasn't sure if he was allowed to speak.

"Look I just want to help you, Sammy, " the last part came out by accident. But the name caused the cherub to speak.
"Is that my name?" He asked in a small voice. Dean didn't answer because he wasn't sure, the kid sure looked like and sounded like Sam. But those red eyes unsettled him because they were so unnatural. Not only that but the kid's eyes had snake-like irises.
"Well I don't know your actual name, but you look like a Sam to me, " Dean answered. "Can I call you that?" He asked. The boy nodded and reached out towards Dean.

"Come on Sam I gotta treat those cuts of yours, " Dean said picking up Sam. He wrapped the towel around the young angel and brought him to the living room. "Just sit here and I'll grab some stuff for you, " Dean said.  And Sam got scared, thinking that Dean was going to leave him. But Dean assured him that he wouldn't be gone long. He came back with the first aid kit and set of clothes. They had been left here by Ben, as Dean had dated his mother Lisa for a while. But things didn't work out so the two left. "Here put these on and I can patch you up, " Dean said. Sam obeyed and stayed silent and still as Dean bandaged him up.

"Why didn't you use your powers to heal yourself?" Dean asked trying to make conversation.
"I didn't know I could do that, " Sam said.
"While you're an angel, and they can heal themselves with their grace, " Dean explained.
"Are you an angel too?" Sam asked with child-like curiosity. Dean laughed at the boy's words.
"No I'm just a human guy, " he answered. "Feel better?" He asked. Sam nodded and began asking more questions.

"What is your name?" Sam asked.
"It's Dean Winchester, but just call me Dean, " the hunter responded. "Now angels don't really eat but can I make you something?" He asked.
"I am very hungry, " Sam answered. This confused Dean a lot because he was sure angels didn't eat. But he made Sam something anyway, his brother loved eating healthy. So he made carrot soup and a cheese sandwich, for the angel to eat. Sam gazed at the food for a few seconds before taking a bit. Almost immediately he took more as he loved the taste.

Dean felt a twinge of sadness run through him, as watched the scene. All he could think of was his little brother who was dead. Dean felt like crying and looked at the floor to avoid looking at the young angel. Sam saw he was sad and clung on to him once again attempting to make Dean feel better. "Thanks, kid," Dean said not expecting it. No one had hugged him in forever, he had forgotten what it felt like.
"Mr. Dean, " Sam began to say but Dean cut him off.
"Just Dean, " he corrected.

"Okay Dean, do you want me to leave now?" Sam asked. He felt that Dean didn't want him anymore.
"No why would you ask?" Dean asked. He didn't want Sam to leave just yet, besides if the kid was really Lucifer. Then he needed to keep a close eye on him, because if one something did happen. Dean would need to let Castiel know so he could tell the archangels. Plus he could use the company, the bunker was so large and Dean always felt so small in it.
"When you first saw me, you looked mad so I thought you didn't like me, " Sam said through tears.

"Oh Sam no I was just surprised to see you, I have never seen an angel so young before," that was a lie because he saw his brother at this age. But he didn't know that his baby brother was an angel. "Plus I thought you were someone else, " Dean explained.
"So you do like me?" Sam asked.
"Yes, and you can stay for as long as you want, " Dean answered. For the first time in four years, Dean actually slept well. His soul no longer felt broken, but it wasn't exactly whole either. But it was a lot better than before.