Chapter. 17

"You found who took Rhea?"

I jumped and whirled around, Chris was staring at me wide eyed. I gulped as he came running up to me and held my hands in his, "Who is it Sofia?" he asked eagerly.

"Uh, Chris," I began slowly. "I know you don't believe me but, Hannah..."

"What's going on here?" Mrs. Hollister demanded as she came bustling out with Chloe, Vivian and my mom.

The entrance door opened, and Hannah walked inside. She looked at all of us in confusion, "What's going on here?" she asked.

"You have Rhea?" Chris asked slowly.

Hannah dropped the shopping bag she was holding, "What—me? I—why would I have Rhea? Chris, are you mad?" she said.

Mrs. Hollister came in between, "Chris what's gotten into you?" she exclaimed, "You don't have any evidence!"

"The one who took Rhea had red hair," Chris said to himself as he went inside. Oh man, he heard the clues I had told Michael.

"So what!?" Mrs. Hollister demanded as she followed him inside. The rest of us went inside too. Chris went upstairs and threw open Hannah's bedroom door.

"What are you doing Chris?" Hannah said as she got in too.

Chris opened the first drawer and pulled out the red wig. "What is this Hannah?" he asked.

"That—"Hannah began but Chris cut her off, "And this?" he asked as he opened her wardrobe and took out her purse. He fished out the pocket knife, "What's this doing in your purse? You had this purse in the wedding." Chris said, his voice rising.

Hannah groaned, "No Chris, i..."

"I what? And Vivian told me that when you people were shopping for the dress, you told Chloe that you hated Rhea." Chris said, his voice rising. The atmosphere in the room changed dramatically.

Mrs. Hollister and Chloe had their hands on their mouths. Vivian was watching with a pained expression on her face and Sabrina was glaring at Hannah. I folded my hands over my chest,

"How could you Hannah?" Chloe asked in disbelief as she stepped forward, tears etched on her face, "Why did you do that?"

Hannah shook her head, "No Chloe you don't understand,"

"Rhea never hurt you Hannah! She treated you like her sister and you? You took that as an advantage!" Chris yelled, running a hand through his hair.

"No Chris I would never, my feelings changed after that day, I didn't—" Hannah cried.

Her mother was crying silently in a handkerchief.

"Where is she?" Chris demanded as he shook Hannah, "I'm asking you Hannah, where are you hiding her?! Tell me or else—

"Chris STOP!" Hannah shouted as she shoved Chris, "Rhea is DEAD. Why don't you believe that?"

Chris's face fell and I stared at Hannah in horror.

"Yo—you Ki—killed her?" he whispered, mortified.

"No Chris,"

"You took away my biggest happiness from my life," Chris said desperately, "my own sister would kill my love, and I had no idea."

"I didn't mean..."

"I'm going to forget you were ever my sister," Chris said coldly and went out of the room.

"Chris come back!" Hannah wailed, sobbing as she fell on her knees. "I didn't do it!"

Vivian shook her head and went out. Mrs. Hollister glanced at her daughter, "You killed the poor girl Hannah," she whispered and walked out.

"No mom, please you have to listen to me!" Hannah sobbed, "Mom!"

Sabrina cast a fierce look at Hannah before walking out too. "Chloe, you understand right?" she asked, wiping her tears.

Chloe wiped her tears, "Why did you do it Hannah? WHAT did Rhea do to you?!" she asked.

Hannah shook her head, "No, Chloe I didn't. Believe me,"

"What's this then Hannah?" she demanded as she threw the wig at her.

Hannah stood up shaking, "Chloe, in my school there was a..."

"Lame excuses," Chloe laughed. "And the knife? You wanted to kill your friend too?" she asked sarcastically.

"No, I put that in my purse after the wedding, it was for..."

"Save your breath Hannah for someone who wants to listen to your lame story!" Chloe yelled and dashed out. Hannah stared in shock after her, "NO Chloe no!" she screamed as she clutched her head in her hands.

I looked at her, feeling a bit guilty then walked out. Hannah killed Rhea, why was I feeling bad for her? But still, what if I was wrong?

Friday

I was trying my best to concentrate on the second act of Macbeth but my mind kept drifting off towards Elena. Frustrated, I threw my book on the bed and groaned when I heard my mom's voice, "Sofia, come in the nursery for a moment!"

I went in the nursery and leaned against the doorway. Mom was sitting on the white fluffy couch with Aaron in her arms. Mom was making funny faces, and Aaron was smiling and stretching his tiny fist as mom bent down her face. I laughed as I sat beside mom. "He's going to be two months old." She said excitedly, and then sighed. I knew exactly what she was thinking, and she said it, "Two years have passed, If only Ethan was here; he would've seen his little prince too."

I put my arm around mom's shoulder, "Hey, mom. It's going to be okay. Understand? You have to stay strong, for us." I comforted her. "Sabrina and I are here for you, always; forever."

She nodded as she wiped a tear from her face, "I know sweetheart. Have you noticed? Aaron has Ethan's eyes, chestnut brown eyes; and you have the same." She said with a smile but her smile vanished when she felt my forehead, "Sofia, are you feeling okay?" she asked anxiously.

I nodded and smiled weakly. "Yes, I feel okay." I lied to her. I didn't want her to get worried because of my problems.

"Your forehead's burning, you have dark circles under your eyes sweetheart, you seem stressed and—"

Crap, she has been noticing everything.

"Mom I'm fine. Honestly,"

Mom didn't look entirely convinced as she nodded and looked at Aaron.

"Oh, Aaron is tired." Mom said, standing up.

I looked at her. "I'm going to my room, okay?" I announced and she nodded, "okay."

No sooner had I entered my room, when the doorbell rang downstairs. I turned on Netflix and decided to chill a bit. When was everything going to be okay?

Sighing heavily, I walked downstairs and pulled open the door to find Sabrina.

She's having all the fun.